GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Yes, I only installed the rears. I have all new OEM mounting hardware/bolts for the fronts.
Double check strut nut. Did you torque the sway bar end links with the suspension loaded?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Double check strut nut. Did you torque the sway bar end links with the suspension loaded?
Noise fixed. Took the rear shocks off and tightened the top nut to gütentight spec. Tightened the lower bolts; dropped the car onto wooden blocks and retightened. Zero clunking noise.
*edit* I was gonna fix it at a later date but the noise got really noticeable, especially going from a driveway onto the street. Sounded like metal popping out of metal; every little bump would make the noise. Was afraid the shock mounting nuts may have fallen out or something.

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I attempted to fit the led tails that I bought on aliexpress.... Boy was that a mistake! But hey you live and you learn.

The tails actually looked great, brightness was good and functionally great. The fitment was flipping awful!!! I did the driver's side only to do a visual check and while swapping the actual housings was a breeze both the inner and the outer fit wrong. So wrong that the halves collided with each other when the hatch closed. I was able to modify the lights and press them while tightening to get them to no longer collide but still fit like crap.

Overall, the construction is nowhere near the same shape as the oem lights and while they seem convincingly high quality when you open the box that illusion is shattered once you try to install.

I wish I had tried to install them sooner after receiving. At this point I've spent around $300 on trash, maybe I'll use them as decorative lighting!

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Got the PM4 all set up.

I did not expect the install to be so intense!

Attachments

• PXL_20201012_214721223.jpg
    PXL_20201012_214721223.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 133

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
lol, well all good things come to an end, my just went on :oops:

Time to update the sig :p
Lol..... yeah I couldn’t take it anymore.... rattle was killing me. Hope yours is different!!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Powerflex diesel dogbone insert. Same design, but 5D softer than their street part for the TSI. Zero detectable NVH and much smoother DSG shifts and far less engine rocking on WOT let off. Without a doubt, best $50 I’ve spent on the R.

View attachment 188476
Link?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I think it's supposed to go on the car. 😂
Wasn't a bad install with the end links already attached. Decided I couldn't fit a torque wrench in between the nut and the rear spring for the upper arm so I threw them on first and just curled them into place underneath.

Not sure what the hell Moog is smoking as 44lbs of torque on the lower nut is a pain in the ass if you have the car on the ground and you're using the decline of the driveway to wrench. Cheaper than ramps, but never did quite get 44lbs, I'll check on them in 10, 100, 1000 miles and see how they hold up; things are tighter than I got with a normal ratchet, that's for sure.

Still doing some sound testing with my phone on the Audi damper, but so far in my opinion there is less tire noise and things sound snug going over speed bumps.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Washed my car today. And finally getting some good gloss! It’s saying a lot, pure white gets warm, deep and reflects. But it won’t shine. Till today.

Attachments

• FAE2C842-480D-43F7-9D9D-8FEF17A96CD3.jpeg
    FAE2C842-480D-43F7-9D9D-8FEF17A96CD3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125