GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
True. That’s my mistake. Good point you make. But it is what it is. All the convo is posted up. I have nothing to hide. Most of the convo wasn’t relevant so I didn’t post it all. But there it is. Like I said before. If anyone has issue with what I’ve said ask about it.

fact remains: Three turbos blown in less than 3k miles each. Told not to talk about it. Employees pushing the turbos hard. Just letting people know it’s not that great in my experience. Buyer beware, take your chances.

Bull shit. Post your whole convo with nick rn. ALL OF IT. I wanna see where he told you not to talk the public and why. You cut off that convo on purpose. I GUARENTEE IT.

Remember the part where you said the turbo was actually good and the motor was having an issue. Were just lying to me? or is this a habit of yours.

You didn't make a "mistake" you thoguht long and hard to type all of this out, tag me into and post up your excuses. Now you have to backpedal so hard because you see whats about to happen.

It also shows many people don't actually push their car or setup conditions the correct way.

People talk about spool as if that the only thing that wins a race or pull. Your FBO setup will change things, your BOV, Tune, elevation, vehicle weight, engine temp, plug choice. All of these plus more will effect this system. You want to say its the turbo itself? you better come correct.

You talk about IAT. WHats your IATs bud? what intake u running what was the ambient temp outside? What are you doing for piping? What does it do on the street/ Hve you raced an is38? like have you? cause I have. I've en ran a littco verison which we generaly take as "good' shit and out ran that with a passenger. So what you got going on is a bunch of text and accusations with no proof to back itup.

What logs do you have. Did you keep a record of these changes. Have you done any work besides complain?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Last edited:

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds like:

1. Turbo blew
2. Turbo blew again
3. Turbo was making too much heat, most likely because of the bigger wheels jammed into the is20 housing. high IAT?
4. wastegate issues, which is a known issues with hybrids. Probably spun it to death trying to make requested boost.
5. conversations are vague over text.
6. Sponsored person is both a friend and has mutual interests. tough spot, as one paid one, one didn't
7. OP is frustrated and I would be too, as paying extra sucks. replacing blown turbos suck. Mental scaring sucks. hurt motor?
8. More blown TPC's coming out?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Can we just wait for Nick to respond and talk about being in middle school and calling girls until then?

Definitely played a smashmouth song to a girl over the phone, only to realize her dad was on the line by the end of the song. My pickup skills have not improved since.

That’s what I’m waiting for I have all the conversation with nick saved but I’ll wait for him.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Sounds like:

1. Turbo blew
2. Turbo blew again
3. Turbo was making too much heat, most likely because of the bigger wheels jammed into the is20 housing. high IAT?
4. wastegate issues, which is a known issues with hybrids. Probably spun it to death trying to make requested boost.
6. Sponsored person is both a friend and has mutual interests. tough spot, as one paid one, one didn't
7. OP is frustrated and I would be too, as paying extra sucks. replacing blown turbos suck. Mental scaring sucks. hurt motor?

bingo

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
For what's it worth (fuel on the fire)...

Nick did mention to me this morning that, "We rectified the problem and removed that style of turbine wheel in our TPC20 builds since a few weeks ago"

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Sounds like:

1. Turbo blew
2. Turbo blew again
My turbo was not free.

Would like to throw this out.

My turbo was not free. I didn't know TPC from anyone when they approached me. Thats why I'm so heated about this connotation. We've got user who apparently has pissed off multiple suppliers but won't share full details.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
That’s what I’m waiting for I have all the conversation with nick saved but I’ll wait for him.
Nah don't wait. DO it now. U got nothing hide right?

Navi

Autocross Champion
For what's it worth (fuel on the fire)...

Nick did mention to me this morning that, "We rectified the problem and removed that style of turbine wheel in our TPC20 builds since a few weeks ago"

Good to know that after the fact. Unfortunately both of my turbos were from months ago :(