GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I want to know how many people are refreshing their screens to see if there's been a new post, just to be part of this drama lol
I am. And am pissed to see posts like this. Stop spamming us. We need more meat lol

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Holler. Anything to make the work day go by. And I’m on lunch now. So you know the page scanner is set to 5 second fresh rate.
You really going to ignore all this bud?

Gonna insult a dude, then half ass take it back, and run?

Shameful behavior from a fellow NYer

I am. And am pissed to see posts like this. Stop spamming us. We need more meat lol
So @ him and get him to answer my post. He wants to be a child and hide away from answering any hard questions. That will help.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
My turbo was not free.

Would like to throw this out.

My turbo was not free. I didn't know TPC from anyone when they approached me. Thats why I'm so heated about this connotation. We've got user who apparently has pissed off multiple suppliers but won't share full details.

so to clear it up for everyone, Was there or was there not an incentive for using a TPC product in your vehicle? General rule, If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. Nothing is free nowadays.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
3. Turbo was making too much heat, most likely because of the bigger wheels jammed into the is20 housing. high IAT?

I would change this to "Bigger wheels w/ is20 housing created too much heat for bearing system being used". Keep in mind that I ran a EQT Vortex standard housing (is20 sized exhaust housing) which has larger wheels than the TPC20 does. I ran it at +30psi for over a year an a half. Other turbos also use is20 sized housing such as the Tomioka IHX-475.

Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
so to clear it up for everyone, Was there or was there not an incentive for using a TPC product in your vehicle? General rule, If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. Nothing is free nowadays.
Oh for sure. He asked me to be the booth car for Eurokracy (track taxi), share any and all feedback on the unit. Use a tuner of their choice,. Create content on said unit and I got a money off the turbo. These things aren't cheap at all.

I still sent in a core, pay for all track events, gas etc, he did pay for my parents tickets to attend the race for the final round.

That was pretty cool for sure.

TBF I don't owe TPC shit. I'm happy with how professional their conversations were, getting to meet the team, but I'm free to do whatever I want. I'm under no contract or obligation to defend and I don't speak on their behalf.

We are a race team but that means I have to hold people to their word hard core.

Until Navi drops all the conversations, Stops cutting and pasting information to create a narrative and apologize for trying to ruin my name for no reason. Then this whole thread is useless.

Until proven otherwise he's acting sus and just wanted to create a stink/ambush just to do it.

one day the turbo is fine and the motor has an issue. Next its is ohhhh TPC is terrible and Brian is a lame who will just blindly support anyone who helps him. Let alone that I've had 3 different tunes on this car and same turbo and each one has been slightly different despite similar mods and application.

just incredible

EDIT; I did get a free sticker and T-shirt. My fault.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I would change this to "Bigger wheels w/ is20 housing created too much heat for bearing system being used". Keep in mind that I ran a EQT Vortex standard housing (is20 sized exhaust housing) which has larger wheels than the TPC20 does. I ran it at +30psi for over a year an a half.
Yea but he doesn't want to hear that. Like active development isn't a thing in the automotive world.

Like who remembers when we were just grabbing blown is38s and stuffing is20s housings inside? That was a fun period lol. Everything is literally improving as the platform develops.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I
I would change this to "Bigger wheels w/ is20 housing created too much heat for bearing system being used". Keep in mind that I ran a EQT Vortex standard housing (is20 sized exhaust housing) which has larger wheels than the TPC20 does. I ran it at +30psi for over a year an a half. Other turbos also use is20 sized housing such as the Tomioka IHX-475.
I agree

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I

I agree
Wait so this just hit me.

So you agree that its possible that there is possibly too much heat for what your doing, you didn't have any have all of the stated supporting mods to handle this unit. Had a hurt motor, a boost leak, didn't even have cooling sorted all the way.

But you want to throw shade at others for a failure (which you won't share the stated reasons for because my golly anything that goes through a turbo is going to reck it. Like gravel has taken out TCR cars by being sucked in)

. Right now even without u posting your convo its looking like there is plenty more to the story here.

Did you even get a turbo blanket? Are you familiar with how amazing those are?

Like for anyone with a turbo. Get a proper blanket. One that doesn't interfere with the waste gate either. Get proper venting, take out the windscreen at the top of the cowling. Drop your inner foam piece in the hood. Get 2slows air dam. All that cooling and flow allows for a much more responsive unit without breaking the bank.

Guess i need to make a video on it

Like there is so much u can do to future proof these cars and people running around doing the job half -assed upset about why they can't get the same results. Watch any of my track videos you an clearly see i have no issue with spool or power.

Don't even have proper charge pipes? Get outta here.

Whats your airflow situation look like. You asked me so many questions on getting this car sorted. Kinda seems like you didn't listen very well.

So since your not gonna respond to any of these due to your childish nature.

Someone @ me should he come back to answer to any of these.

Real recognize real and this guy is being a pretender. Guy has 1 year in the game vs my 4+ but I'm the one who doesn't know anything

I'll never change my approach to assisting this community and anyone is welcome to message me at anytime on questions, tips, advice.

Cheers.

<3

Navi

Autocross Champion
Wait so this just hit me.

So you agree that its possible that there is possibly too much heat for what your doing, you didn't have any have all of the stated supporting mods to handle this unit. Had a hurt motor, a boost leak, didn't even have cooling sorted all the way.

But you want to throw shade at others for a failure (which you won't share the stated reasons for because my golly anything that goes through a turbo is going to reck it. Like gravel has taken out TCR cars by being sucked in)

. Right now even without u posting your convo its looking like there is plenty more to the story here.

Did you even get a turbo blanket? Are you familiar with how amazing those are?

Like for anyone with a turbo. Get a proper blanket. One that doesn't interfere with the waste gate either. Get proper venting, take out the windscreen at the top of the cowling. Drop your inner foam piece in the hood. Get 2slows air dam. All that cooling and flow allows for a much more responsive unit without breaking the bank.

Guess i need to make a video on it

Like there is so much u can do to future proof these cars and people running around doing the job half -assed upset about why they can't get the same results. Watch any of my track videos you an clearly see i have no issue with spool or power.

Don't even have proper charge pipes? Get outta here.

Whats your airflow situation look like. You asked me so many questions on getting this car sorted. Kinda seems like you didn't listen very well.

So since your not gonna respond to any of these due to your childish nature.

Someone @ me should he come back to answer to any of these.

Real recognize real and this guy is being a pretender. Guy has 1 year in the game vs my 4+ but I'm the one who doesn't know anything

I'll never change my approach to assisting this community and anyone is welcome to message me at anytime on questions, tips, advice.

Cheers.

<3

Oh gosh. I was trying to avoid replying to you. It has become clear to me that you can only have an emotional conversation and not an intellectual one. I try my best not to engage those kind of people but I feel I must correct some things you have said. I’m not running away from a problem. I felt that nothing productive would come from a conversation with you so why waste my time and the time of the people on the forum. But here we are, yet again…

I don't know what narrative you are trying to change. My post was created because there were multiple blown turbos with very low miles and we were told not to post publicly about it or post photos. That can be verified with the other owner who has a blown TPC. I mentioned you (as well as the other TPC employee) because you two are always adamantly and vehemently talking up the turbo whenever someone asks about hybrid turbo. No one on here knows about blown TPC's. Does anyone on here know about TPC blowing before this? Anyone out there? Anyone on the forum? Please speak now. Oh wait, no one knows.. I wonder why. You knew my turbo blew back in April. How come you haven’t told anyone? Well besides running to Nick and telling him I mean. Everyone knows about the blown EQT’s, DBV2, Littcos, etc. There is complete transparency with those. For some reason you have tunnel vision on the screen shots I have posted and want to see them all. I posted the screen shots that are relevant to the topic. Why would I post everything when it doesn’t pertain? Does that make sense to you? You asked me to post when Nick said what he said. That was in my initial post. I never said that he didn’t replace the turbo. I never said that it didn’t work after he replaced it. And yes the turbo was good. When it worked. But when it blows at 1500 miles and then has the turbo whistle of death at 3000 miles, I would not consider that a success. Would you? So I do not understand what you are stuck on or what angle you are trying for? Again, Nick can post everything. He has all our conversation also. What exactly are you looking for in the conversation? Maybe I can answer your question. Or maybe I won’t because your mind has already been made up. I’m not backpedaling on anything. Just calling it as it is.

You do not know anything about the money put into my car or the parts on my car. I also do have charge pipes. If you don’t have information on the parts list of my car then how can you point fingers at the parts on my car? There are many logs of my car that have been seen by at least 5 different experts, 3 of which are on this forum. I have had many people help me through out process. LOL, shameful behavior from a New Yorker? I don’t even know how to respond to this reference of this geographic demographic psychographic behavioral LOLLLL. I also do not know where I insulted you. That was not my purpose of this thread but if you feel that way, I do not know what to tell you. And by your description of your relationship that does sound like you work with them even if it is a partial sponsorship. You do have some kind of stake in that company, whatever you want to call it. You said they paid for your parents to attend the final race of the season. That sounds like some kind of working relationship. I see that you edited and deleted that from your post. That says a lot. I will let everyone else formulate their opinion. Again, I am just saying the facts and not trying to sway anyone. You are correct, one day the turbo was fine, and the next day it wasn’t. Isn’t that what happens when parts break? Fine until they aren’t? I never said you are a lame or that you will blindly support anyone who will help you. You said that. I said that you represent/push hard for TPC. I do not think that statement is a lie or misleading.

So if by design the turbo produces too much heat, you think that is my problem to fix? I never said I had a boost leak. I do not think you read my initial post correctly. A boost leak was suspected but ruled out after boost leak test. There was never ever a boost leak. When did I say I had a hurt motor? I never had a hurt motor. The motor has been compression tested and leak down tested and scoped. Passed with flying colors. Again, this is why I try not to engage with emotional conversations, because you have a narrative made up in your head and have ignored what I have already presented. I never wanted a bigger turbo. You can ask anyone on here that I was happy with the horsepower numbers. I have told multiple forum members and I have also told them that I don’t want more power. That was months ago. The only reason I asked Nick to upgrade the turbo was because I didn’t feel comfortable running it due to the heat it produces and the bearing burning out. That is why I wanted a ball bearing turbo. That is reflected in my messages with him and can be confirmed even through screen shots (which I will not post unless it absolutely comes to that). I even used the exact words with Nick that I did not feel comfortable running the TPC20 anymore because of the failures and wanted a ball bearing turbo that is more efficient with heat. He asked me in text and I answered him. It was never about horsepower or money. Again, you mention charge pipes, but I do have charge pipes. I have proper cooling which are a ventilated hood and 25 row oil cooler. You don’t even run an oil cooler. So why are you pointing fingers at supporting mods. Again, you don’t know how much money I have in my car and I haven’t brought it up because I don’t think that is a proper way to try and bring someone down. And yes I did ask you questions on getting the car sorted, and it has been properly sorted. More sorted than your own. But again, you have dismissed that in your arguments and responses. In response to you calling me childish, my response is the same as before – I did not want to engage in an emotional conversation especially when you have avoided accepting everything that I posted in the first initial post. Calling me a pretender? I’ve had the car since 2017. That’s not nice of you to say when I’ve been building this car the last 3 years and have friends who have 30-50 years of experience in building cars. I have built vehicles for SEMA before. I never said that you do not know anything, but it is clear to me that you do not know my resume or vehicle build list but assume to. I’m not some grassroot racer that is trying to act all high and mighty. All I have done is spoke my side and provided photos as reference. I’m sorry that you feel some sort of way about it. I feel I have answered all of your comments and insinuations so I doubt that I will respond to any other posts you make.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Don't you guys work?

Yes, I do work that's why I haven't taken the time to respond. But just caught a break and wrote something up. Didn't check it for spelling or grammar so hopefully you guys give me an "A" on it. Now I have to get back to a meth addict patient who will hopefully give me better conversation about turbos.

💪

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't you guys work?

PXL_20201015_183436369.jpg

One computer for boring work shit, one computer for forum drama.