GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I was up at Thunderhill today doing the 5 mile configuration for the first time in this car, so I was able to add a new track outline to the back window. Mechanical issues limited me to one session today - something weird is going on with my car since Griffin resealed the valve cover in July.

View attachment 188991
Sucks to hear you’re still having mechanical issues. Is it related to PCV valve again? FWIW myself and others have had good look with the BL revision.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Sucks to hear you’re still having mechanical issues. Is it related to PCV valve again? FWIW myself and others have had good look with the BL revision.

I replaced the VWR PCV plate/catch can with the 06K103495BL PCV valve and a Forge catch can earlier this week. If anything the OE PCV valve is less effective than the VWR plate - the car went into limp mode in 15 minutes today versus about 30 minutes with the VWR plate. The problem does not appear to be with the PCV plate/valve but rather something related to the valve cover reseal repair performed in July. No idea what exactly, yet.

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Looking great. What ceramic did you go with?
I did a good bit of research before buying this. Lots of folks pointing to it as being a very good product. I started looking into it after seeing it reviewed on Project Farm. Interesting video to watch.

I bought this car used (it was 11th months old) and it did not ever seem to have been waxed. I did two coats of the Turtle Wax (leave 24 hours between coats to allow it to cure) and it came out feeling excellent. A lot of difference between one and two layers for me, but the paint was not in good shape to begin with.

Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz.

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Second layer of ceramic Turtle Wax and full exterior detail done. Feels smooooooooth.
PXL_20201016_200545682.jpg PXL_20201016_200530412.jpg PXL_20201016_200615794.jpg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I installed my powerflex lower hybrid bushing and did NOT install the roceuro arm.

Maybe I missed something but the supplied bolts into the trans did not fit (too small diameter) on my 2020 dsg car. Either the roceuro arm isn't compatible with the 7-speed or there was a revision to the 7-speed to increase the bolt size. Will investigate more with them on Monday...

Also installed my harmonic damper. Initial review on both is great! Will write up something more detailed once I've driven a bit longer than the 15 minute shakedown run I took.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Installed my new AFE dry air filter, breaking both the snow guard and the OEM filter in the process (seriously who does that?) :LOL:

Later, I washed it and then experimented with Dr Colorchip on the many stone chips that are all over the hood. As you can see, the results are far from perfect, but better than I'd have done with OEM touch-up paint:

1602968846147.png

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Installed my new AFE dry air filter, breaking both the snow guard and the OEM filter in the process (seriously who does that?) :LOL:

Later, I washed it and then experimented with Dr Colorchip on the many stone chips that are all over the hood. As you can see, the results are far from perfect, but better than I'd have done with OEM touch-up paint:

View attachment 189079
Have you tried the Russian/euro touch up paint that comes with a bottle a brush rather than a pen?

Not a fan of the OE pens as I have night blue metallic and the flake doesnt flow correctly through the tip. Ordered Dr. Color chip, gonna give it a go.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know why the right side of my car sits higher than the left side? I got the DG springs and B8s for about 2k miles so far.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know why the right side of my car sits higher than the left side? I got the DG springs and B8s for about 2k miles so far.

The amount of miles is pretty irrelevant. My APR springs had one of the rears sitting high and throwing the whole car off. After one autocross on 200tw tires, they settled perfectly.

Moral of the story, you should autocross.