GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Did one side today. Will do the other side later on in the week.

1603041755584.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I realized today that I can cleanly fit my MAX360c on the Golf-R's glass on the driver side just below the ceiling using the provided suction cup mount on the dotted area of the glass. I always thought the dotted area was printed on the interior side of the glass but it isn't. The dots are inside the glass so the suction cup attaches to a smooth surface and works very well.

And hidden within the dots so doesn't look out of place looking at the windshield from outside the car.

The detector clears the rear view mirror and ceiling (barely) so that I can still remove the unit when needed. Very pleased.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks guys! I'm real happy with how the stripes turned out.

Charlotte.:R - Thanks on the garage floor. The epoxy was done by a pro and I would not know where to start if I had to DIY this. It's been about 10 yrs, no peeling or cracking. All I do is vac the floor (Roomba) and mop from time to time.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Just wanted to update that I inspected how the new softer compound Flatstoppers are doing under my Supra after 2 full months and they are working great.

Lifted the car and found nice consistent grooves on the contacting surface from the tire treads (means that the weight is evenly distributed), and non-sticking to my epoxy'ed floor. I give it 5 stars out of 5.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
OT, but finally hit a milestone today. Finished the last of the home projects with contractors for 2020 this morning! I am so relieved. Not that my contractors/installers were bad (they were actually quite good), I just don't like having people in the house especially with covid19 and them walking around with outdoor shoes even with shoe bonnets. I always lay down protective liners on our flooring and carpet when they are here.

Thanks to stay-at-home, took advantage and got A LOT done this year!!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I need to finish one of my house projects but lumber prices are nuts.

What are you working to make?

Not lumber, but I bought a bunch of book cases, cut them to size to do a custom floor to ceiling installation for my wife's library this summer. It was quite a bit of work (I'm not much of a wood worker), but looks great and my wife loves her new cave.