GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You have a bigger car with softer springs and your stock swaybar was smaller. Cant really compare the changes....

valid. GTIs DO have much better suspensions from the factory than the Alltrack lol. And generally weigh less and rotate more easily anyway.

I think I tend to forget this because the car I traded in had 95K hard miles on factory suspension, so even though the AT’s suspension is so much softer from the factory, it was still an upgrade over the GTI’s which realistically could’ve been replaced at like 40K miles lol

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thanks for the note! We were hoping to see some Rt 66 attractions. However, the trip is going to be too fast-n-furious to spend much time there. Perhaps another time.

Definitely it's own thread....I've been wanting to do this along route 66....trying to talk the wife into it. I think it would be epic! Take a look at the sticky thread where members are located should you need any assistance!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A RSB is only noticeable when you’re really pushing the car, which is why is such a great mod because in normal driving you’d literally never know it’s there.

Tires also play a large role because the better your tires the less of a difference you’ll feel.

I think much of it is people feeling a difference because they're expecting to feel a difference. Same thing as the butt dyno effect. Because like you said, a RSB makes no difference whatsoever for the majority of normal daily driving conditions.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I think much of it is people feeling a difference because they're expecting to feel a difference. Same thing as the butt dyno effect. Because like you said, a RSB makes no difference whatsoever for the majority of normal daily driving conditions.

The best test is let someone drive it and don’t mention what’s been done.

I don’t just think my build is OEM+, I know it is because my wife hops in the car at least once a week and hasn’t complained about anything.

Previous builds (this is my 16th Volkswagen, 9th she’s been around for) that wasn’t the case at all and she’d call me out on mods that had a negative effect on the car (like cheap coilovers for instance).

For those curious here’s my RSB review.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
IS38, IC, and charge pipe installed and Unitronic Stage 2+ software flashed.
FB_IMG_1603218500599.jpg
FB_IMG_1603218505745.jpg
FB_IMG_1603218509687.jpg
FB_IMG_1603218517622.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

tigeo

Autocross Champion
HAHA...just saw Rachael's FB post about it being a "wagon day".....scouted your waggie right off the bat.
HAAHAHAHHAAH - social media for the win! I can't wait to send it in this thing today.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
HAAHAHAHHAAH - social media for the win! I can't wait to send it in this thing today.
yay....send that bad boy on 288 and report back!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
yay....send that bad boy on 288 and report back!
Better yet....I'd love to see what it looks like next to my EQT protune......we should roll on a 288 straight away one time.

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed
Sunny day so went to the old lunatic asylum grounds (as you do) and snapped some pics.
Stunning car. What color?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Always wondered what the QR code on the turbine wheel leads to...

Probably an internal lot code. We lasermark QR codes sometimes when we don't have space on our medical instruments that need UDI

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Great thing about turbos. They don't need breaking in. Send it.
They said the same - it was primed to start and they did all the bits necessary so was good to go when I picked it up.