GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Oh damn. So was that what was causing all your issues?

99% sure the ECU was pulling timing to reduce tq because of DSG slip.

Cool that I can trap 129 on 2 degrees of timing though i guess.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'll post logs tonight diggs.

Had -1500 DA so I put 36 psi to it and the trans has never seen that combo of power and traction. Didn't take it lol.

Yeah it looked fast as hell from the stands.

Thanks man, nice meeting you!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Couldn't you update the file to pull power out on the low end while you were there?

If it was just the low end I absolutely would have. I went through the traps at 129 spinning 7100rpm in 4th on a 26" slick. I'd have to pull power everywhere and I didn't go to the track 4 hours away on a trailer to trap 130...I went to run a big number.

With 220lbs weight reduction and a hot tune the car was much slower than it typically is on the street because of the TCU issues and timing pull.

Bee_Finn

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
Would be nice to know the mods done to that GTR. Seems like it doesn't have much done to it since he was getting crushed by other GTRs and that one 4 door BMW at the end. Clean race with the GTI.

It’s a FBO GTR on 93 lol.

I have another vid of me neck and neck with a bolt on tune e30 M6 DCT lol

Bee_Finn

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
This GTR I barely beat, lost about 2 cars to his boosted 370z that ran 60-130 at 6.48. Check his channel, his GTR isn’t slow. Lol let the non-believers and hate begin 😈

ShuuuUuUuuUunnNnNnn

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What the hell. Clutch packs?

I'll probably put a fresh set of clutch packs in it over the winter, have to call UM or TVS and see if I can get a TCU tune that will hold... either that or this is my que to move on to another platform.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll probably put a fresh set of clutch packs in it over the winter, have to call UM or TVS and see if I can get a TCU tune that will hold... either that or this is my que to move on to another platform.

Just a week away from when you started your build thread... Would suck to see it abandoned after that much time, energy, and $$$ put into it, but on the other hand, if you're not getting the results you want after putting that time, energy, and $$$ into it, it's fully understandable to move to a different platform.