GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List Black Friday Deals

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Its not about the financial situation of people - but rather value/not overpaying for things. If I was Jeff Bezos rich I still wouldn't pay $120 for that. Same with the Maxton Design stuff that people shell out hundreds for.

Sounds like you have a business opportunity to start manufacturing them and selling them for a lower cost then. You should be able to make bank.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Its not about the financial situation of people - but rather value/not overpaying for things. If I was Jeff Bezos rich I still wouldn't pay $120 for that. Same with the Maxton Design stuff that people shell out hundreds for.

Gee it sounds like your vision of "value" is that everyone should wear burlap sacks as shirts because we shouldn't "overpay" for clothes. What gives you the right to tell people how to spend their money? Are you paying for it? Like Acadia said, put out a cheaper product yourself if you think that the value prop isn't good. But developing your own cheaper product seems like low value based on your principles.

This isn't like the Nissan aftermarket where parts have been developed by companies for decades.

sharkbait20

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Cobb website - 10% off til the 29th
OBDeleven - some sale
VW Genuine Parts & Accessories - 20% off
EQT - Boost Season Sale

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I'm super tempted to get a Japanese car next and see how much i throw down the drain in mods.

Meh, I had a G37S prior to my R, mods were not any cheaper. I think I paid around $100 for a 370Z 6MT shift knob to replace the OE Infiniti shift knob. Lots of the manual guys were running WC Lathe Werks or Raceseng, which were no cheaper. Intake, exhaust and suspension pieces and parts were comparable 🤷‍♂️

At least the MK7 has a positive $$ to horsepower ratio lol

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I'm super tempted to get a Japanese car next and see how much i throw down the drain in mods.
I bought my Tomei shift knob for $50 shipped CAD. My HKS panel air filter was only 49.99 CAD. Rear sway bar was $199 USD. My Z1 cat back with burnt tips were only $900 CAD. JDM OEM tail lights were $200 CAD.

Compare that to $150 CAD for a similar delrin knob for the MK7, $98 CAD for an “aFe” filter, $1100 CAD for a CTR MK7 exhaust (cheapest I could find), and $500+ harness for used OEM euro tails.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I had a Nissan Maxima that was great. A company named Stillen has lots of stuff to hop them up.
That’s the thing - (and someone else mentioned this) the Nissan community had a lot of vendors , more competition, and therefore better value aftermarket parts. Stillen used to be active on the various forums and really provide solid proof of their products working. For the VQ35, a plenum spacer was a very popular mod. He would spend time to prove that his product was the best by dynoing his own product against other spacers and posting results on a forum. He once challenged a competitor to show up at his dyno and prove his numbers. The spacers were only $250 and made of billet aluminum and he all the hardware you needed (including a copper heating gasket and pipes to prevent throttle body freezing in the winter.

Also, Nissan parts were easy to develop for. Shift knobs for instance were screwed on. You could get a Nismo one for $60. The quality of the parts were sublime too. Fujitsubo, Amuse, HKS, etc all made quality systems that actually sounded good.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I bought my Tomei shift knob for $50 shipped CAD. My HKS panel air filter was only 49.99 CAD. Rear sway bar was $199 USD. My Z1 cat back with burnt tips were only $900 CAD. JDM OEM tail lights were $200 CAD.

Compare that to $150 CAD for a similar delrin knob for the MK7, $98 CAD for an “aFe” filter, $1100 CAD for a CTR MK7 exhaust (cheapest I could find), and $500+ harness for used OEM euro tails.

I modded my DSG knob for like $40 in total, along with an adapter of own making. Others are paying $100+, but they don't have to design/manufacture an adapter.

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Official VW Parts and Accessories has 20% off today only and a 10% rebate offer.

Looks like that would make 18” Pretoria $284 each after the rebate. Wish the 19” was available.

Last edited:

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Looking for OBD11 Pro for iOS. Anybody know of a sale somewhere?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a Unitronic downpipe who can measure the 2.5” reducer adapter overall length?

3” version of that part pictured, but unfortunately Unitronic can’t answer this question other than “I think they’re different lengths” and said “check the one on the car”....only issue being I’m in SC and the car is in NY.