GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender subwoofer mods

tiharo

Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Great work, though I suspect you could use a 1/2 inch spacer. Looks like a 1 inch spacer. Not sure how much the Memphis needs, I used 1/2 with the kicker.
Other people on this thread said they have used a 1" spacer with the Memphis, so I just went with that.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I believe that would be the low pass filter for the other speakers to filter out bass notes from them. I played a test tone of 50 hz with the volume cranked when setting the gain for my big amp (i use the fender sub as a signal for the amp), and I had forgotten to unplug the fender sub, which then proceeded to blast at me. the fender sub plays all the lows already
For the post above, I think this explains why maybe the VCDS coding is not going to help the sub.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
So I found out what the VCDS/OBD11 mod does. It moves the points on the EQ (Treble-Mid-Bass) around so you can adjust them differently on MIB. By changing it from 100-50hz, you are basically moving the bass EQ adjustment and the subwoofer volume in the MIB menu to a lower frequency. Moving it to 50 made the Fender system much less muddy and sounds beautiful. I actually might move it back up a little to around 60hz.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So I found out what the VCDS/OBD11 mod does. It moves the points on the EQ (Treble-Mid-Bass) around so you can adjust them differently on MIB. By changing it from 100-50hz, you are basically moving the bass EQ adjustment and the subwoofer volume in the MIB menu to a lower frequency. Moving it to 50 made the Fender system much less muddy and sounds beautiful. I actually might move it back up a little to around 60hz.

Hmmmmmm, I don't have a sub yet, but I did replace the stock speakers, and the JL C1's are monsters. I'll play around and see if I can make them sound better with some tweaking.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Do you not have a fender sub in the spare tire wheel?

No, I have the base system, with JL C1 speakes front, JBL GTO premium in rear. I was thinking about adding the Fender sub, but now leaning towards JBL or Cerwin Vega, because it sounds so good now with the new speakers, I just want a little extra bass.