GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeak on Clutch Pedal Release

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Since the weather is warmed up here now, I have been driving with the windows down the past couple of days. I can hear a very noticeable squeak or screech noise when the clutch pedal gets to the very top. This isn't coming from inside the cabin, but sounds as though it is coming from outside the car. It doesn't happen in first gear, but it does happen in 2-6 and also releasing the clutch in neutral while moving (like when approaching a stop sign, clutch in > shift to neutral > clutch out > very top/when I take my foot off *squeak*). It happens every time on demand (meaning if I am rolling to a stop sign like the above scenario and I pump the clutch (obviously just for testing) it squeaks every time I let my foot off). Doesn't seem to matter if I release the clutch fast or slow, same squeak same pitch same timing. High rev shifts or low rev doesn't make a difference either. Also incomplete clutch disengage/reengage it makes the same noise at the very top (for example if I press the clutch in half way while rolling in neutral, and then release it, I still get the same noise).

I have 35k miles and the bleeder block/clutch pedal spring mods done. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
i had this on my old mk7 gti. it was driving me crazy.. i tried using all the usual lubricants to fix myself without a visit to the dealer, however it still squeaked away. VW ended up replacing the entire clutch pedal assembly under warranty. i had maybe 20k on the car at the time. i'll try and find the paperwork to see what part numbers they replaced.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Okay thank you. Interestingly enough today with the weather being back down into the 40's the squeak was gone. I wonder why it would only make the noise in the warm.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Mine squeaked a bit around 5k miles. Just took the air compressor to hinges and dislodged whatever had apparently worked its way into something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Mine started squeaking this morning when depressed. Shot some WD-40 on all the moving parts I could find on the pedal. Didn't seem to make a difference.

I noted that the squeak was only present with faster/heavier presses of the pedal. When I depress it slowly it doesn't occur.

I'll see if it continues and try compressed air and report back

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
I had the clutch squeak when I first bought the car and it was warmer out. I can't remember exactly when the squeak went away, but it could've been either the colder temperatures or my removal of the clutch spring. We'll see if the squeak returns with the warmer spring/summer weather.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Mine started squeaking this morning when depressed. Shot some WD-40 on all the moving parts I could find on the pedal. Didn't seem to make a difference.

I noted that the squeak was only present with faster/heavier presses of the pedal. When I depress it slowly it doesn't occur.

I'll see if it continues and try compressed air and report back
Sorry for necro but I'm experiencing the same thing. How did you fix it?