GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
My GTI has both also, we got lucky! Yeah the fact that both are there makes me think that Rough Road might not be the replacement for Starting vibration. For all I know it could be, but the placebo effect is strong with these tweaks sometimes lol.

There has been some really cool stuff going on lately with open-source tuning though, I’m sure it’s a matter of time before someone can examine the ABS firmware and see what can be done. A tune for your brakes 😄

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
My GTI has both also, we got lucky! Yeah the fact that both are there makes me think that Rough Road might not be the replacement for Starting vibration. For all I know it could be, but the placebo effect is strong with these tweaks sometimes lol.

There has been some really cool stuff going on lately with open-source tuning though, I’m sure it’s a matter of time before someone can examine the ABS firmware and see what can be done. A tune for your brakes 😄
care to post a vcds/obd11 scan of your abs module? it might e possible to flash back with Odis

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
care to post a vcds/obd11 scan of your abs module? it might e possible to flash back with Odis

Ohh cool, if that works that would be great! These are the details of mine:

7EF62E8B-A2F8-46FA-828C-D0A09AB2853A.png

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Biblical levels of placebo sometimes I think..hahahaaha. Would love to ask a VW engineer what some of these actually do!

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 614 517 EF HW: 5Q0 614 517 BP
Component: ESC H35 0107
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Coding: 01FA93A15020216E477D060660CB6980C90A84E26006967738425079D2854B0B0000000012121212B835351919323200
Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB 038007
ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_038.rod
VCID: 79AFEDF9595AAC13145-802D

latest none SVR model

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Biblical levels of placebo sometimes I think..hahahaaha. Would love to ask a VW engineer what some of these actually do!

Hahaha, I mean I’m guilty of it too, and when it’s judged entirely by butt dyno it’s kind of hard to tell. The possibility of “mo powa baby” can definitely cloud your judgement. 😂

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hahaha, I mean I’m guilty of it too, and when it’s judged entirely by butt dyno it’s kind of hard to tell. The possibility of “mo powa baby” can definitely cloud your judgement. 😂
The science guy in me always says....NEIN!

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
I can confirm a noted difference deactivating rough road on my 19. Ars pulls hard from a dig with no noted power cut. The combo of this and ESC off transformed my car. Prior it was a stage 2 cutting power and engaging TC in sport and drive. It felt like mods were a complete waste.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I can confirm a noted difference deactivating rough road on my 19. Ars pulls hard from a dig with no noted power cut. The combo of this and ESC off transformed my car. Prior it was a stage 2 cutting power and engaging TC in sport and drive. It felt like mods were a complete waste.
Did you ever just try ESC off without the RRO to be able to definitively see what is making this improvement? Any data to show an improved 60' time which will be clearly shown if this is helping? ASR should be what is killing power (traction control) vs. ESC which is stability control and controls yaw when you are sliding which would be something to deactivate if you want to be able to have more control/less nanny in v. aggressive corning/maneuvers.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Did you ever just try ESC off without the RRO to be able to definitively see what is making this improvement? Any data to show an improved 60' time which will be clearly shown if this is helping? ASR should be what is killing power (traction control) vs. ESC which is stability control and controls yaw when you are sliding which would be something to deactivate if you want to be able to have more control/less nanny in v. aggressive corning/maneuvers.
Even with ASR off, the ESC will still kick in when wheel spin is detected. ESC Sport will allow a bit of spin, but not much of it. Try a launch with just ASR off and ESC on or Sport and you'll see what I mean

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
I test drove after deactivating rough road and did a hard pull from about 5mph. Tires broke loose with a good solid spin and no wheel hop. I controlled the launch with the throttle. This was on a vacant road not at a track so I don’t have times to support the change, however this is my DD with 13k miles and I’m pretty familiar with the way it drives. Low gears used to bog down power on hard launches. Now it accelerates freely with what feels like little or no interference

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
i tried pulls with ESC on and off to compare with runs prior to the changes and the car feels night and day. Worst case make the changes try it out if it doesn’t work for you change it back

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Even with ASR off, the ESC will still kick in when wheel spin is detected. ESC Sport will allow a bit of spin, but not much of it. Try a launch with just ASR off and ESC on or Sport and you'll see what I mean
I have a 4Mo Sportwagen DSG - my best times are with just ASR off and all the nannies set to stock, never had an issue and I've played and logged all of them, they have done zero for me.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
i tried pulls with ESC on and off to compare with runs prior to the changes and the car feels night and day. Worst case make the changes try it out if it doesn’t work for you change it back
I understand but for me, I want to see some data to show it is all, 60' Dragy times woudl be super interesting - 3x runs with it on, 3x runs with it off. Compare.