GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 wont pass emissions.

zoomgunn

Hi all, Two part question here. I need some help on this one. I own a 2015 GTI Autobahn with 40,000 miles on it. I just failed my emissions test. This car has never been altered in any way and is all original. It has also always been serviced at VW for every recommended service time. This car has also never not been garaged. It is very well taken care of. Here's what I think has happened and I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. About two months ago I hit an unseen puddle (more like a lake) in the middle of the night. Every light on dash came on but turned off a few minutes later. All of them except the warning light telling me I blew a daytime running light. I figured no big deal. Question one. I've found out that I just cant replace the bulb for that light. VW is telling me the entire unit has to be replaced and that's 1600.00 bucks! Anyone have recs on where I can find one cheaper? Question 2. My car runs great and there are no other warning lights but it will not pass emissions. Did this puddle do something to the car and is there a way to correct or reset it? The emissions results are as follows.

Readiness: Fail
Monitor Catalyst: Not Ready
Monitor EVAP: Not Ready
Monitor Secondary Air: Not Ready
Monitor O2: Not Ready.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Clear the codes and drive around for a couple of days. If they codes stay gone, make sure everything is at ready status and then get retested pronto.
If the codes don't stay gone ... well, that pretty much sucks.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If it doesnt fix itself per the above advice, I would look next at the second O2 sensor (the one past the catalyst) they can go bad and would cause this.

If you do get another make SURE to buy real OEM from the dealer or a reputable source, there's tons of fake/lower quality ones online. I believe the price is around $130

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You didn't mention a CEL so I would get it diagnosed before starting to throw parts at it.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Get a used headlight. You can move your existing three modules over. eBay or salvage yard for light. Still could be $300 for headlight. Plenty of youtube videos on removing/installing headlights.

zoomgunn

zoomgunn

Get a used headlight. You can move your existing three modules over. eBay or salvage yard for light. Still could be $300 for headlight. Plenty of youtube videos on removing/installing headlights.
I've been looking at ebay and local junkyards. I'm sure I'll find it.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
little bit of a follow up question. until I get that light replaced is there any way to disconnect the daytime running lights?
Select car on infotainment unit, then settings, lights, uncheck "daytime running lights".

Attachments

• IMG-7913.JPG
    IMG-7913.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 67

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I already tried this. Unfortunately, my car doesn't have this option under light assist. thanks though

Sorry, after your response, I realized I must of added. If you have vagcom of OBD11 you can add by doing this:

Turn off/on daytime running lights from menu.

Address 09 (Instruments) recoded (ADP-(2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich) from not active to active

zoomgunn

Sorry, after your response, I realized I must of added. If you have vagcom of OBD11 you can add by doing this:

Turn off/on daytime running lights from menu.

Address 09 (Instruments) recoded (ADP-(2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich) from not active to active
I don't have that, but I could get one. I can only find the one made for android. Do they make one for Apple Iphone?