GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well this happened on the drive home yesterday

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
20210123_094152.jpg
20210122_162057.jpg

An older Tahoe side swiped me when he tried passing 5 cars in a merge lane and cut in, apparently thinking his Tahoe was a small vehicle.

Not a huge amount of damage, but the guy acted like a total asshat after the fact getting all loud and yelling. Attitude changed when a cop came by 5 minutes later and issued him a citation.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hope you get wheel replacement too. Asshats suck.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Is that a black hole, floating in your window?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
At least you’re okay and the wheel looks to be untouched

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I see a bend and rash.
Don’t see it.
Yup there is a bend there now. That will be getting replaced. Tires only have like 2k miles on them because of covid and it was scraping off the fender, so i will get that replaced too. Not sure how they handle the folding mirrors since they do not come in the US, but ill try to get it replaced or take cash equivalent for a new mirror.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Look at the 4 o’clock position on that front wheel.
Bingo. And all that black streaks (not the dirt the darker stuff) is rub off from his car. He basically drove over my car because it was so much higher than mine haha

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Well, it could have been worse. THIS happened to me yesterday. Idiot woman decided that to make a left turn off a 65-mph 2-lane state highway, that she should pull into the right shoulder first, wait for traffic to clear, then drive straight across the highway. Problem was, she never saw me coming. Pulled in front of me when it was too late to do anything but swerve. I almost got around her but she clipped my right rear. Had I been a split second earlier, I might have T-boned her right in the driver's door at doing 65, and that wouldn't have ended well for either of us.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Two cars took hits shame main thing is everyone is ok, cars can always be fixed. And yeh, no kid pics on internet I posted kid t-shirt pics that someone had asked about on a motorcycle forum but blanked out niece's & nephew's face, this is a 'just' car forum but sadly there are some not so nice people out there.....