GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Put on a new license plate frame. If you know, you know, and if you don't, look up the name on YouTube (NSFW).

image0.jpg

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
While reverse engineering the FPA(driving profile) datasets, I've found the following values that are used as request signal to the soundaktor:

From the looks of it, "144" and "152" are the values that turn it off. So if you want "ECO" to be OFF, there needs to be a value 144 or 152 at the ECO profile here. However, this is me speculating, haven't tested it yet (since I don't have a soundaktor). Read more about my driving profile modifying research here: https://github.com/jilleb/mqb-fpa
This is some serious research you've got going on here! Very impressive. A bit over my head I think as I'm still learning the OBD11 but gonna follow this repo/wiki.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Looks like a ceramic coating demo.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Threw on my power fold mirrors 🙌🏻. Got the German version this time because of Blind spot monitoring. Quality of the China units are great which is what I had on my 2017. I do see any huge difference between the 2. So glad to have folding mirrors once again.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Threw on my power fold mirrors 🙌🏻. Got the German version this time because of Blind spot monitoring. Quality of the China units are great which is what I had on my 2017. I do see any huge difference between the 2. So glad to have folding mirrors once again.

I need to do this. Just moved to a small sidestreet in south philly with curb parking lol. This needs to be next on my list.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Got my tinting re-done, 35% all the way around except the windshield.
5 years ago when I moved from Staten Island where the police generally leave you alone if your're tinted - because virtually everyone's windows are tinted - to The People's Republic of New Jersey, I removed the tint from my front windows.
I was afraid I wouldn't pass an inspection, and that the police would be tougher.
Since then, the tint on my rear windows began to develop issues.
So, it was either re-do the rears alone or do the whole car again.
I did the whole car.
No pics yet, but then again... You've all seen what a window tinted GTI looks like.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I rewired my dash cam. I didn't leave myself enough slack last time and I couldn't get the wire tucked away how I would have liked and it was driving me crazy. It's all nice and neat and hidden now though.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't know how to get good pics of it but nearly the full black interior got done today. Went from Gray (Golf S) to Black. Got B, C pillars, front/rear overhead and visor lights (LED), and set of 4 grab handles from eBay. Ordered the Golf R headliner (because no sunroof)... for reasons unknown it's a few hundred less than the GTI S headliner. Miscellaneous things like new B pillar Airbag emblems, sun visor clips, triangle window trim ordered from the dealer (this stuff is all cheap). Broke down and ordered A pillars from the dealer... not cheap but hard to find used in decent condition, probably because they are a b**** to remove.

Also bought VW overhead clip removal tool VAS6427. You do need it for the clips up front... but I still had to fashion my own tools to remove the grab handles, made from two Harbor Freight pick sets. At this point I'm missing sun visors, do not want to pay new prices for them, still debating. And the driver A pillar isn't installed, waiting on the driver triangle window trim to be delivered.

After that I started the install of front DCC dampers to complete my retrofit, got the driver side done minus brake bleed. My plan of removing the whole strut/steering knuckle worked out great. I had to replace the knuckles anyway, going from 50mm Golf struts with steel knuckles to 55mm DCC struts with aluminum, so no additional work really. Was running Bilstein B8's though and their short height means most of the suspension easily falls out of place when unsecured. Didn't realize this until I went to put in the B4 Damptronic strut, which of course is stock length.

I'll post pics later, to make this post useful...

Starting point, can really see the address caster from the whiteline LCAs when the suspension is hanging.
IMG_20210124_140010.jpg

Strut removed with knuckle.
IMG_20210125_114904.jpg

New strut mostly installed.
IMG_20210124_181944.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Emailed someone to set up an appointment to get my car wrapped. Does that count?