GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel balance advice

ultra

I am trying to figure out a wheel balance issue.

The problem I have is I feel vibration in the car at around 70 and above. I have had the wheels balanced 3 times and road force balanced once (4 balances total). During that they spun a few of the wheels tires on the wheel to see if it would help. I have had it done at 3 separate shops. I still feel the vibration. I threw back on my winter wheels to see if it would help and the vibration went away.

The wheels I have are the 19x8.5 TSW Mosport wheels. I am using the hubcentric rings that came with it. The wheels state they take A-cone lug bolts (which I believe I have, the one I have are conical not ball). Tires are pilot sport 4s.

I am not really sure what else I could do beside buy new hub centric rings to see if maybe the ones I got with the wheels weren't the best quality? I'd Appreciate any advice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
I had same issue. Wheels came with centering rings made of plastic. At speeds over 75 had vibration. Took off the wheels and retightened with the car in the air. Didn't help. Replaced with Amazon aluminum rings. Lube with anti seize! Problem solved!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Toothless

Passed Driver's Ed
I had an issue with balancing too with aftermarket rims. Wonder if Rotiforms come with plastic hub centric rings too....hmm....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ultra

I had same issue. Wheels came with centering rings made of plastic. At speeds over 75 had vibration. Took off the wheels and retightened with the car in the air. Didn't help. Replaced with Amazon aluminum rings. Lube with anti seize! Problem solved!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hmm I'll have to give that a shot. I don't see any on amazon in the 70 - 57.1 size, I'll peak around for some other options

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck with it, I have the TSW Nurburgrings with Pilot 4s and have been going through the same motions (balance and road force tests) with no improvement. Discount Tire gave me old hub rings initially, then swapped them out for the new ones but I still have the vibrations at 70mph+. If you find better rings and they solve the issue, please update here!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I have aluminum rings with no vibes either.

IndGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all, I had the same issue and new hub centering rings helped/solved a vibration at 70+ mph. The original rings were not as tight as the new ones but there's probably 0.5mm clearance. Can someone explain on why a new hub centering ring would eliminate this vibration?