GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bolt Kit/Part #s for Rear Suspension

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'm in the process of tracking down the part numbers for just about all of the rear suspension (trailing arms, toe links, upper and lower control arms) and I figured, before I keep banging my head on the wall trying to find a parts diagram that has the last few bolts that I need, I'd see if anybody has done this before, or if there is a bolt kit out there that anybody is aware of. A fair number of the bolts appear to be TTY, and for a few extra bucks, I might as well just put all new hardware in. I'm looking to replace the toe arms and UCAs with adjustable parts and then the bushings in the trailing arms and LCAs if that helps. Car has 100k on it with a few thousand track miles and a fair number of winter miles so the stock rubber bushings are pretty tired (and I have a clunk in the right rear which I suspect is a failed bushing because I'm not sure what else it could be at this point).

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
vwpartsvortex.com has diagrams and part numbers

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
ShopDAP has individual bolts listed, but no diagram or anything. I was actually trying to combine it with the diagram on vwpartsvortex.com, but their diagram is missing a few part numbers for the rear suspension. I'm pretty sure I've got them all, but I figured I'd check to see if I missed a kit out there or if someone else that did the job compiled a list already.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So, I've got the list pretty much put together. Only thing I'm hung up on is the bolts that attach the trailing arm to the spindle/knuckle/whatever.

VW Parts Vortex lists two different bolts (both listed as #7)
https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/v-201...-2-0l-l4-gas/rear-suspension--rear-suspension

ShopDAP lists just one bolt, but unlike the rest of the hardware on the list, doesn't say how many are needed per side
https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...present/steering-and-suspension/hardware.html

Anybody know if I need both #7s (2 each for the car), or just 4 of the -747 bolts listed on ShopDAP? Looks like they're a slightly different length. If nobody knows, I'll reach out to DAP or somebody or maybe just order enough of both and have 2 extra bolts of some variety.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The suspension is largely the same, but the rear knuckle/spindle is different and that’s what these bolts thread into.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I would call vwpartsvortex or a dealer. There are part numbers not in diagrams online but they can probably sort it out. Worked for me on CV boot clamp, rear shock bolt, neither could be found online at the time.