GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
You won't get that much out of an IS38. With E30 you'll get close to 400. For 450 you'll need a hybrid turbo.
According to the dyno charts on EQT's website you will. they're showing stage 2 E30 R tune, so IS38, making ~420whp. Yeah, that's not 450 but considering that's on the stock fuel system I think it's plenty.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
His dyno runs pretty high compared to other dynos.
Even so, that's still ~400whp. A friend locally went from that to the next step, std housing Vortex, along with fuel controller, lpfp, etc, etc, etc. For the amount he spent I can't see doing it...

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Even so, that's still ~400whp. A friend locally went from that to the next step, std housing Vortex, along with fuel controller, lpfp, etc, etc, etc. For the amount he spent I can't see doing it...

400 whp is correct for the IS38 and that's the most you will see out of it.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Hey I know that guy! It's a big leap for sure jumping from a Stage 2 EQT E40 tune/stock IS38 to what I did but it was worth it to me for a couple of reasons..

1) I sleep easier knowing I have a more robust turbo that could handle more if I ever wanted to (i'm honestly pretty conservative on EQT E30 tune and I'm stock DI)
2) The IS38 was joke at our elevation past 5200rpm...it died...FAST (see Bluewater dyno graph below). The Vortex pulls like an animal to 7k+
3) I never did get to dyno again at Bluewater since their Dynocom (same dyno as EQT) is no longer running, but when I dyno'd on my E40 EQT tune on stock IS38 I was at 420whp (SAE Corrected), which we all know is high with the Dynocom dynos. I went over to another facility to dyno after Vortex install. They run a Dynomite which reads very similar to Dynojets. I dyno'd at 475whp SAE corrected. I'm fairly confident on the higher reading Dynocom at Bluewater it would have read at ~500whp corrected, so long story short I feel like I picked up 75-80whp with the move to the Vortex with again a lot more potential if I were to add MPI (doubt it will happen though...will move on to something different)

1615651059440.png

Last edited:

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
I'm in the middle of doing FBO on my 2018 GTI. Been talking with Nick already about startup tune. I'll need to get in touch with Bluewater after some break in miles on the new clutch; see what E30/MPI/EQT Vortex does at altitude.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I'm in the middle of doing FBO on my 2018 GTI. Been talking with Nick already about startup tune. I'll need to get in touch with Bluewater after some break in miles on the new clutch; see what E30/MPI/EQT Vortex does at altitude.
If you are referring to getting on their dyno, unless there has been a very recent change they aren't running it anymore. I was hoping to get back on their dyno after my Vortex went in, since I dyno'd there on the stock turbo on E40 EQT(wanted apples to apples comparison so to speak on same dyno). I ended up going to Alan at Edge Autosport for the dyno session. They run a Dynomite dyno which reads pretty similar to Dynojets.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
I'll have to check out Edge, thanks for the heads up. I just re-read your previous post, missed the comment about their dyno being down. Any experience with MOFAB in Parker?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I'll have to check out Edge, thanks for the heads up. I just re-read your previous post, missed the comment about their dyno being down. Any experience with MOFAB in Parker?
I was actually going to go to Mofab since they have a Dynojet but they took forever to return my message on a dyno session. I always had a tough time getting somone live to speak to there

sbviir

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
7R currently on the e30 file. Occasionally in 2nd gear low to mid rpm I get a little "hiccup" from the car. Would that be from the stock hpfp?

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
For those of you running an upgraded turbo does eqt offer a matching dsg tune? I’m running Cobb sport right now and in drive it feels a little lazy. Felt it matched stage 2 really well but now on the dbv2 it wants to shift before the car gets into power.