GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi is Done Developing New ICE's

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Read that a few days ago. All the manufacturers are headed that way.

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
Saw this as well, and for whatever reason the reality struck hard. We all knew EV's were coming, but the wording was always "in the year xx we'll be 100% electric"... Made it feel more prophecy than reality.

Reading this, it's become more absolute; the best ICE's are likely behind us.

Again, I know it was a long time coming and had plenty of time for acceptance.

Genuinely makes me sad though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Saw this as well, and for whatever reason the reality struck hard. We all knew EV's were coming, but the wording was always "in the year xx we'll be 100% electric"... Made it feel more prophecy than reality.

Reading this, it's become more absolute; the best ICE's are likely behind us.

Again, I know it was a long time coming and had plenty of time for acceptance.

Genuinely makes me sad though.
Sad is putting it mildly for the end of an era.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Really sad to see all this legislature and other pushes trying to end motorsports. I wrote my government representatives about this one
https://www.sema.org/epa-news
Figures once im old enough and have a house and garage and tools to start a project the government wants to make it illegal to modify cars and build racecars. It's only been a dream of mine for the past 20 years or so.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Really sad to see all this legislature and other pushes trying to end motorsports. I wrote my government representatives about this one
Figures once im old enough and have a house and garage and tools to start a project the government wants to make it illegal to modify cars and build racecars. It's only been a dream of mine for the past 20 years or so.
Same. I'll finally habe some spare cash to do what I want to the car I want. They're coming after guns too. I'll have no hobbies left at all.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
We need to pass a “leave us the uck alone act” pausing any new restrictions on ANYTHING.

Oh, and make weed legal too. Not that it even applies to me (aviation), but come on.
Tomorrow they're voting in FL to cap medical weed at 10% thc and concentrates at 60%. I have no idea how they're gonna vote, but I can't say I have much faith. If recreation was on the ballot I'd bet it would pass here, but all our legislatures would just be like hmm....nah....Instead they'd rather make a medicine that's actually helping a ton of sick people cost twice as much and require twice as much to use.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Audi e-tron GT 2021 -6.jpg

They're already miles ahead on style at least.

Typical VW/Audi stupid wheels aside.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Tomorrow they're voting in FL to cap medical weed at 10% thc and concentrates at 60%. I have no idea how they're gonna vote, but I can't say I have much faith. If recreation was on the ballot I'd bet it would pass here, but all our legislatures would just be like hmm....nah....Instead they'd rather make a medicine that's actually helping a ton of sick people cost twice as much and require twice as much to use.
Geez only 10% thc for the cap of med weed thats a pretty shitty cap Imo

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Like Tesla I figure every EV will need to have over-the-air ECM update capability. I also figure fossil fuel cars will have it too. Won't need legislation to make it illegal, I figure the carmakers will flash your car regularly enough to make tunes only temporary, and report you to the US Department of Climate Change so you get a fine in the mail. Maybe even disable your car when the built-in tracker sees you're home.

I've been studying the future of power generation, and it seems small-scale nuclear reactors are really the only way to avoid fossil fuels and charge all of the EVs. Solar, wind and water are either too expensive, high maintenance or take too long to set up. It's not like we're going to build a lot of new hydroelectric dams or use ocean waves anytime soon. At least with nuclear you won't need to choose between running your air conditioning and refrigerator or charging your EV, like they do in California. Actually, they don't give residents a choice, they just do rolling blackouts for 3 days at a time.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Government is overrated.