GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops Trap Scores of Suspected Drag Racers in Parking Lot

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Except there's rarely a place that you don't run the risk of things getting out of control. We used to live in a gated community that backed up to a WalMart. People would race down the back alley late at night, which was really just a lot of noise, until one yahoo lost control and drove through the perimeter wall and thankfully hit a tree, rather than nose diving off the twenty foot embankment. All things seem reasonably safe until you invite enough skill less idiots that a full on Hold My Beer moment occurs.
I will re-phrase.

I appreciate that they're keeping it away from the rest of the world on the streets because I personally have a house in a nice quiet street and don't live near any big parking lots, but I do often drive on public roads.

I also don't care if one of them goes off a nearby embankment or whatever.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hard to judge from that article. If it was just a bunch of car people hanging out, and one or two idiots did donuts or lit them up leaving the area, I think this is ridiculous.

If they were really acting like fools, meh, still pretty ridiculous to arrest everyone of them. Can they prove everyone was doing donuts? I'd guess most of the charges get dropped.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I will re-phrase.

I appreciate that they're keeping it away from the rest of the world on the streets because I personally have a house in a nice quiet street and don't live near any big parking lots, but I do often drive on public roads.

I also don't care if one of them goes off a nearby embankment or whatever.
Yeah, but quiet streets are the most fun. This one time, we borrowed a friend's F355 with the awful F1 transmission...

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It would appear the actual GoFundMe was taken down, but while it lasted the comments were pretty good haha.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/campaign-ban-dodge-chargers/

and performing street takeovers in their Mopars, but this seems like killing a fly with a bazooka.

I think this is a poor analogy. If the use is a bazooka is the most effective way to eliminate the fly, why not. Combat 101 says open every ambush with the most casualty producing weapon. If you have a bazooka at your disposal and the fly needs taking out, I say “send it.“

likewise, if ridding metro Atlanta of Chargers will end the heartache, I say “send it.”

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Bro I’d be in your shoes. See the mayhem. And right when I start doing donuts for the crowd the cops show up. FML
I was minding my own business when I was a teen, driving my 6-cylinder Chevelle down a main road when an SS396 Chevelle the same color and a V8 Mustang went flying by me. There was a dumbass young cop who didn't know crap about cars chasing them. He pulls me over. I told him it was someone else. He says to me, but you were getting on it weren't you? I told him to open the hood and he'll see I have nothing to get on. He just looked at me and drove on. Of course the offenders got away.

cb1111

I'd do a burnout on his lawn if I owned one. After I covered my plates.
Back in Germany in the 80's, I had an employee who came in one morning really pissed. He said he just got 20 red light camera tickets in the mail.

Back then the roadside toilets never had toilet paper so people would buy these pillows for their hat shelf in the back of the car that had an opening for a roll of paper. Many people embroidered the pillows and it was common to embroider the license plate number on the pillow.

My guy's 18 year old son got a bit drunk with some of his friends and they thought it would be funny to take off the license plates and go through an intersection with a known camera. It was 2am so it probably was safe'ish, so they drove through 20 times - no plates, no problem, right? Except for that pesky pillow in the back window that was as good as a license plate.

I suspect the kid is still in time out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm surprised no one has said it......

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time...."
I live my life a full donut at a time

Homer_Simpson_2006.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP