GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your Mk7 year/mileage

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
I was also hoping to see a lot more higher mileage GTI on here as they are an essential daily style car. I hope to see at least another 50-60k mi on this. It will probably be driven (and not much) by my wife by year's end last for years to come. Meticulously maintained, mostly highway mileage its entire life, and new suspension. Here's to hoping.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
2017 - 30K

I wear a Large shirt and prefer micarta boxer briefs with delrin liners

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
2020 GTI S. 5300 miles. Bought this car with 5177 on the ODO.

Just put my first tank of 93 octane in it (wanted to be nice to the baby).

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You should ONLY put 93. Why buy a GTI and put anything but 93? :(

Give your baby what it needs.

because it’s tuned for 87, and if you’re a stock-tune no-mod kinda guy there’s little benefit to running 93. I have an APR 87 octane tune that I run 93 on, but that’s because I’m like you. But I recognize others aren’t like me, and they’re not necessarily “wrong” for being that way.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
You should ONLY put 93. Why buy a GTI and put anything but 93? :(

Give your baby what it needs.
Because I want to see if I notice any difference from 80 cents a gallon more. I fully understand that from a pure spec standpoint, there is some difference in output, but I have no idea what that difference is. It's great that the car isn't required to have the premium fuel. We have a Malibu 2.0 T that has the same "recommended" rating. On highway trips who cares really? But what about daily around town, is an extra $10 a tank worth something driving to get groceries?

I'll switch back and forth and see if it really matters.

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
2016 51k miles. Bought in July 2020 with 40k. Lots of highway and long distance travel recently