GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some MIB2 Units Priced at 0.01?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Has anyone seen this, ordered successfully. I ordered for shits and giggles.

Just thought id put it out there if you are looking for an MIB2 swap.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
From the ad

"Starting MSRP excludes taxes, installation, shipping, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price."

Please let us know the outcome, but I'd watch you credit card statement like a hawk.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I know that, if you follow the links on the side it leads to dealers sites. Vwpartsvortex has the same price. I doubt they could just charge my card for more than the invoice. Kinda wish they did, I would wait for it.to get delivered and dispute it.

sheeno

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I tried to order and received this message: "The unit you are trying to order is not available through the online website. This is a direct exchange unit and runs $1,002.00. I will cancel this order" :(

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
That was quick, I cannot get vwpartsvortex.com to answer emails about an order I placed 2 weeks ago

sheeno

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
When you order you choose which VW dealer to go through. I chose Capitol VW and they responded via email right away.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Vwpartsvortex.com

I'm done with then though. 2 weeks for an order and they don't respond to emails. I think I'm gonna try capital from now on.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
vwpartsvortex, vwdirectautoparts, and some others are separately run websites for some service center parts departments. VWpartsvortex is out of NJ, VWDirectAutoParts is somewhere in Texas I think. They are not tied to parts.vw.com which is the official VW parts site, although they sell the same things. Generally partsvortex/directautoparts/etc will have some sort of discount on everything.

I've placed plenty orders from both, but find they are both slow to respond to emails. They only (in my experience) source OEM parts so seem to be subject to the same overall supply constraints as any dealer service center you might go to. However, they often have parts that no longer show up parts.vw.com, even though you could go into a dealer service center and order them.

What I have noticed is that partsvortex/directautoparts/etc sometimes list parts that you can't actually order. It seems to be a mistake in what must be a (semi)automated inventory system. I made a thread a few weeks back asking about a suffix that showed up for an MIB 2.5 unit that was listed on partsvortex. Turns out that suffix is VW's internal code to track broken units that have been replaced. I didn't place an order but I assume it would have eventually been cancelled.

If you go to parts.vw.com you can put in your (or any) zip code then check the dealers that are close. This lets you "shop around" to see who is offering a discount, which you can compare to what partsvortex/directautoparts/etc are offering. I'm in SoCal and found that VenturaVW almost always offered the same discount as those sites but they are about 40 miles from me so I would order from them. That meant I could pay economy shipping but would get the part next day (if I didn't want to go pick it up).

What is frustrating and silly is that I would call my local dealer (5 minutes away) and they would have a part in stock but offer no discount. I would then call VenturaVW who would show no stock but would confirm the closest stock was at my local dealer. I would then order online from VenturaVW (at their discounted price) and internally VW would ship it from my local dealer to VenturaVW... who would then ship it to me :ROFLMAO:.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
vwpartsvortex, vwdirectautoparts, and some others are separately run websites for some service center parts departments. VWpartsvortex is out of NJ, VWDirectAutoParts is somewhere in Texas I think. They are not tied to parts.vw.com which is the official VW parts site, although they sell the same things. Generally partsvortex/directautoparts/etc will have some sort of discount on everything.

I've placed plenty orders from both, but find they are both slow to respond to emails. They only (in my experience) source OEM parts so seem to be subject to the same overall supply constraints as any dealer service center you might go to. However, they often have parts that no longer show up parts.vw.com, even though you could go into a dealer service center and order them.

What I have noticed is that partsvortex/directautoparts/etc sometimes list parts that you can't actually order. It seems to be a mistake in what must be a (semi)automated inventory system. I made a thread a few weeks back asking about a suffix that showed up for an MIB 2.5 unit that was listed on partsvortex. Turns out that suffix is VW's internal code to track broken units that have been replaced. I didn't place an order but I assume it would have eventually been cancelled.

If you go to parts.vw.com you can put in your (or any) zip code then check the dealers that are close. This lets you "shop around" to see who is offering a discount, which you can compare to what partsvortex/directautoparts/etc are offering. I'm in SoCal and found that VenturaVW almost always offered the same discount as those sites but they are about 40 miles from me so I would order from them. That meant I could pay economy shipping but would get the part next day (if I didn't want to go pick it up).

What is frustrating and silly is that I would call my local dealer (5 minutes away) and they would have a part in stock but offer no discount. I would then call VenturaVW who would show no stock but would confirm the closest stock was at my local dealer. I would then order online from VenturaVW (at their discounted price) and internally VW would ship it from my local dealer to VenturaVW... who would then ship it to me :ROFLMAO:.
I started using partsvortex because they are a 2 minute drive from where I work. They where good when like a year ago. But the orders are taking longer and longer.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I wonder, specifically, how they are sourcing parts... same (big picture) supply chain as the dealer but I presume a much lower priority. When I ordered my AID (from partsvortex) the order was held up for almost 3 weeks because they were waiting on the bezel to arrive. I had them remove the bezel from the order so it would ship. I ordered the bezel from my local dealer and picked it up that afternoon. So in that case stock was available but partsvortex didn't appear to have access to it.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
They gotta be getting them from vw. I've gotten parts next day from them. Somethings gotta be going on with them. Disorganized, covid related maybe