GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm a savage. Ran it through a car wash. Come at me bros. Lol.

Just wanted to get the grim off so I'm not grinding dirt into the paint when I slap the magnetic numbers on this weekend.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

Just wanted to get the grim off so I'm not grinding dirt into the paint when I slap the magnetic numbers on this weekend.

So instead you let the brushes at the auto wash grind dirt into the paint for you...?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

So you went for the "extra clean scrubbing action" with "free swirl marks"...:unsure::ROFLMAO:

+1...(y)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So instead you let the brushes at the auto wash grind dirt into the paint for you...?
Yes, exactly. You get it. Why manually grind in dirt when it can be done automatically.

Plus they match the rock chips from tracking and the chunk of paint I removed swapping street/ track wheels. Anyone know how I can touch that up? Maybe body filler and touch up paint?
20210406_120646.jpg

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Needs more tawr.....eally sweet car.

Looking good with the Cragars. Do you have all 4?
all the tawr that will fit. Yes to all 4 (AM knock-offs) but owner successfully went for old time drag look.

a built 289 (+.030, roller cam, intake, LT Headers, etc). T5 transmission with 4.11's. Body and interior are excellent. I got it from a close friend of a good friend so I have trust there are no hidden issues. With the cam and the minimal exhaust it has on it it's LOUD. I warned Mrs Mud...so when she wanted to hear it I started it and it settled right into that lopey cammed idle. All was good till I hit the gas and she started backing away from it with fear in her eyes. Orig owner said he kept ear plugs in it for his wife.

cb1111

all the tawr that will fit. Yes to all 4 (AM knock-offs) but owner successfully went for old time drag look.

a built 289 (+.030, roller cam, intake, LT Headers, etc). T5 transmission with 4.11's. Body and interior are excellent. I got it from a close friend of a good friend so I have trust there are no hidden issues. With the cam and the minimal exhaust it has on it it's LOUD. I warned Mrs Mud...so when she wanted to hear it I started it and it settled right into that lopey cammed idle. All was good till I hit the gas and she started backing away from it with fear in her eyes. Orig owner said he kept ear plugs in it for his wife.
How does it drive? As awful as an old car, or has somebody done some significant work on the suspension?