GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECM service campaign? Action Code 24FX

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Not taking mine in as I am tuned and this only writes updated stock ECU programming. For the record, 25k miles and never stalled.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Just had my service done yesterday. It could be the placebo effect, but the throttle feels more responsive. Seems like clutch engagement is smoother as well. FWIW, I only have about 2500 miles due to Covid, and I have never stalled since I bought it last year in June. '19 SE 6MT

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Can everyone put in their replies if they are tuned? That way we can track any issues should someone tuned have any.

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Stock. Had mine done Tuesday. Seems to have solved my weird start up idle and throttle response feels a little better.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Currently have apr S0005. On Monday I’ll get flashed to stock via the 24fx update. Then the dealer will put my stage 1 tune back on. Bringing me back up to S0007

whatever the hell that means.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
My early 2019 came with ECU software version 0002. This 24FX service updated it to 0007. Car seems more responsive...
The stalling fix for DSG was 0005 and also mentioned drivability improvements. It applied to all 2019 and early 2020. If you have this version of the stock tune, you might already have the improvements.
01-19-05 - Update Programming, Engine Shuts Off at Stop (obdclearinghouse.com)
You can check which ECU software version you have with OBD11. As mentioned in a previous post, it sounds like APR was using S0005 as their base and S0007 is now available. What does your tune show?

ECU.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
My early 2019 came with ECU software version 0002. This 24FX service updated it to 0007. Car seems more responsive...
The stalling fix for DSG was 0005 and also mentioned drivability improvements. It applied to all 2019 and early 2020. If you have this version of the stock tune, you might already have the improvements.
01-19-05 - Update Programming, Engine Shuts Off at Stop (obdclearinghouse.com)
You can check which ECU software version you have with OBD11. As mentioned in a previous post, it sounds like APR was using S0005 as their base and S0007 is now available. What does your tune show?

View attachment 210543
2020 dsg GTI. My apr tune is currently s0005. As expected

on Monday I have an appt to get 24fx flashed. That same dealership will put my apr stage 1 tune back on. I’ll report then on how it feels with a stock car since my wife’s gli is also going Monday for the fix. Her car is completely stock.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
My vin brought up that code as I was in the middle of working out my deal around 3/23/21. It was not on the car fax but the dealer looked up the service records and said it was fixed and takes about 2 weeks to show on the car fax. I just looked on my obd11 back up file and mine shows software version 0007. I don't know how my car ran previously but it feels fine, hasn't stalled and shifts smoothly.

Bone stock 2020 GTI SE MT with 6400 miles

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Who sends it? Corporate VW or dealership where vehicle was purchased?

VWoA sends the letters out. If you've moved since your purchase, you may not get it. You can check https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls to see if your VIN is included in the campaign.

I just got mine back (airbox mods only) and took a short drive (have to start dinner) and here's the major things I noticed.
Start/Stop is smoother, it used to clunk when stopping and vibrates when starting. Most of that is gone now.
Accel is smoother in D but still laggy (I mostly drive in S)

Maybe related, maybe because adapations are reset? Dunno, I can only speculate.
I've picked up some DSG farts at a much lower RPM, previously I'd only get them over 5k. Got a few small farts around 4200rpm now and there is a bit more burble. I doubt it's related, but I got more farts on this drive home than in the months since I changed to the TCR suitcase.
Exhaust doesn't sound the same, it's lower in tone and seems to have more of a growl.