GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Direct Replacement Brake Upgrades!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

APR Direct Replacement Brake Discs and Pads

APR Direct Replacement Brake Discs are a plug-and-play upgrade for your factory brakes. They provide reduced brake fade, improved brake consistency, and excellent modulation, especially during repeated consecutive braking applications or spirited driving. The rotors have improved resistance to distortion, warping, and cracking at high temperatures. They pair perfectly with the APR Direct Replacement Advanced Street Pads, and provide a no-compromise solution for spirited daily driving.

Features and Benefits (Discs)
  • Direct replacement front and rear discs
  • Various factory sized vented and solid discs with slotted faces
  • Reduced brake fade and improved brake consistency
  • Improved initial braking response or bite
  • Improved brake modulation, especially during emergency stops
  • Improved resistance to rotor distortion, warping, and cracking at high temps
  • Slot pattern specifically designed to evenly distribute heat across the rotor surface
  • Slot pattern operates smoothly and quietly over a wide application range
  • Cast in Europe from a proprietary high carbon cast-iron alloy
  • Machined to tolerances up to three times tighter than the industry norm
  • Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) system
  • Proprietary black, anti-contamination finish ensures no oils are transferred to the pads
  • Suitable for normal daily driving and spirited driving
Features and Benefits (Pads)
  • Direct replacement front and rear brake pads
  • Reduced brake fade and improved brake consistency
  • High friction co-efficient
  • Brake torque curves engineered not to overwhelm street-legal tires
  • Max operating temperature approaching race pad levels
  • Low disc wear
  • Low levels of heat transmission to the calipers, seals and brake fluid
  • Don’t need to be warmed up before they are effective
  • Suitable for normal daily driving and spirited driving

Our application guide is extensive across many VW and Audi makes and models from roughly 2005+. This covers nearly every VW (except touareg), and all of the smaller Audi's such as the A3/Q3/TT and their higher models.

Get The Details and Find your Vehicle:

Shop Direct Replacement Brake Discs
Shop Direct Replacement Brake Pads

Not Enough? Learn about our Big Brake Program:

Shop Big Brakes

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
The color coded stuff is neat.
ya that's quite innovative, just for the benefit of others:

Our MTR System provides a permanent record of the peak operating temperatures reached by the rotors under actual driving. This information is valuable in terms of checking that you are not overheating the discs. Each tab will change color when the temperature range is met. The final longer red tab will provide a color gradient chart to further refine specific temperatures.

MTR Guide: Blue turns brown at 527 F (275 deg C). Green turns white at 860 F (460 deg C). Orange turns yellow at 1,022 F (550 deg C). Pink turns white at 1,166 F (630 deg C). Lastly the longer red strip turns various shades from 219 F to 2,318 F (104 to 1,270 deg C).
Couple questions, I assume when the pink turns white, and you start noticing the rest trip turning colours...it's time to buy the big brake kit? Or is there another option that would be recommended?

What's the weight on the discs? vs stock?
They aren't two piece unless I missed it? If they were, they would likely be double the price. Any consideration on doing a two piece?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If you've got the money for two piece rotors you're better off just moving to a BBK that uses them. It's double to triple the price for a even a cheapo brand 2 piece rotor.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Couple questions, I assume when the pink turns white, and you start noticing the rest trip turning colours...it's time to buy the big brake kit? Or is there another option that would be recommended?

They aren't two piece unless I missed it? If they were, they would likely be double the price. Any consideration on doing a two piece?
i wonder if the colors will change back again

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Here's the MTR Guide:

https://documents.goapr.com/disc_mtr_colour_info.pdf

Basically if it's getting too hot you'll know if you're maxing out the pad compound. The pads we are selling here are maybe good for light track use. They get really close to race pad temperature ranges, but are designed to work right from a cold start so they aren't race pads (nor do they sound and wear like them). If you're maxing out the temps, then you need to look at a different pad compound that's in a higher temperature range. And if you're still blowing them out, it's time for a BBK.

The rotors are 1 piece (thus the 1 piece price points). 2 piece are typically expensive. It's always consideration for the future, but nothing at the moment. These are also not geared towards being lightweight. So, it's similar to stock. We want good thermal capacity to reduce fade, NVH, and cracking. Weight savings typically happen on 2 piece designs where the center is replaced with an aluminum hat, or super light weight stuff for straight line racing only.

Want some fun brake info? Theck this out:

https://documents.goapr.com/apr-brake-upgrade-presentation.pdf

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
How are the dust levels on the pads compared to stock?
I don't have enough back to back experience with that to really comment. I honestly don't recall anything excessive, but I don't recall anything shockingly low either.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
If I put in my 2018 GTI S on the site it does not list the brake pads.. Perhaps the pads are the same ones and size as the
larger rotored PP pads on the SE and autobahn?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The guide is massive, and will probably have some things missing.

I updated the guide for the Discs and front pads for all GTI years. The rear pads may be excluded. Seems like it has a different FMSI for the GTI non PP. Figuring that out now. We may not have coverage.

Last edited: