GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Funny of you to bring up scarcity :D
View attachment 213106

Jokes aside, its value is created by a social agreement of value and the utility it provides. Ethereum has an excellent ecosystem of financial tools being built outside the reach of centralized banking. It might not be every ones cup of tea, but that doesn't mean its wrong!

The utility it provides is being untraceable and unreportable. It doesn't even meet all the requirements of a currency at this point.

Again, once it's regulated, and I 100% guarantee it will be, that utility goes away.

Anyone notice you had to answer if you hold a crypto currency and the amount on your taxes this year? Lie about it you just committed tax fraud.

Again, as a miner, what value are you providing in return for this (now) $350 a month/per rig? Just the computing clock cycles, correct? The more people that do it, the less value your contribution and value you add (pyramid), correct? And you're basing your gain on holding the currency as an asset, correct?

How do any of you see this ending well? Do you really think governments and central banks aren't going to regulate and take over cypto currency on their terms? Do you really think all these currencies survive to deliver this gain you're expecting by holding the "currency"?

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
You're missing the point. It's untraceable, so though the currency isn't illegal, the activity being transacted can be and it's unregulated.

Once crypto currency is regulated, it's worthless.
It’s untraceable? That’s the opposite of reality. One of the tenets is the blockchain, a Public Ledger that is inalienable and accounts for every single transaction that has ever occurred on the system.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It’s untraceable? That’s the opposite of reality. One of the tenets is the blockchain, a Public Ledger that is inalienable and accounts for every single transaction that has ever occurred on the system.

That disingenuous and you know it.

the

Autocross Champion
That disingenuous and you know it.
I'm just going to echo what I said earlier, because it's starting to sound like you're only here to make trouble. If you're already a criminal it might be money laundering and tax evasion. If you're not a criminal and you pay your taxes, you'll be fine. Eth payouts are linked directly to your Coinbase account, which is linked directly to your gubment id. As long as you aren't attempting to offload them to some Swiss bank because again, not a criminal... you'll be fine.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I just think he’s old lol. My uncle is a CEO and he doesn’t get it. It’s simply beyond old heads’ belief/comprehension. They just don’t understand it, and everyone fears or de-legitimizes that which they don’t understand
He admitted not understanding it and rather than learn about it he starts crap about tax evasion and criminal acts. And FWIW I don't understand it either but I would like to and keep an open mind while learning.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How is that even related to authorities tracing transactions.

These people owed taxes, government seized their wallets to pay those taxes, yes?

Not seeing the connection to untraceable transactions or the fact that banks will force governments to regulate crypto to allow banks to control the market.

If you don't think that's going to happen, you've missed all of human history. No one is gong to deny the rich and powerful the cut they expect just for existing. This won't be any different.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion

These people owed taxes, government seized their wallets to pay those taxes, yes?

Not seeing the connection to untraceable transactions or the fact that banks will force governments to regulate crypto to allow banks to control the market.

If you don't think that's going to happen, you've missed all of human history. No one is gong to deny the rich and powerful the cut they expect just for existing. This won't be any different.

if you think the government is going to kill crypto you’re delusional. BTC’s market cap is bigger than the 4 biggest banks in America, either individually or combined but even if it’s just individually it’s still huge. It’s a new vehicle for diversifying portfolios and moving money in response to market conditions. It’s the new gold.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion

Can't tell if you're trolling or seriously can't connect the dots... if it's untraceable (like you've claimed multiple times) then how would it be possible for any authorities to be able to locate (AKA TRACE) and seize crypto assets?

The government may be able to shut down centralized networks like Napster, but decentralized P2P networks like torrents are a different story

It's clear from your own arguments how little you understand the fundamentals of blockchain technology and decentralized currency

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
What's the most popular app here, coinbase? I know how some people feel about RH. Paypal has crypto but only a few things at the moment.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
It’s clear from his perspective that he’s a baby boomer who likely works in Finance, Accounting, or something t white collar that isn’t technical. So he doesn’t get how this stuff works lol