GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**SOLD**: 245/620/17 DH Pirelli Take-off slicks - $500

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Pirelli DH take-offs 245-620-17 $500 excluding shipping. Buyer covers actual shipping cost. The overall diameter is 24.4” (620mm). They are slightly narrower than 255 NT01’s. These have been stored inside the house and I didn’t get to use them. Pd $640 shipped. ($125 ea. + $140 shipping)

The photos show the Pirellis stacked against 255-40-17 NT01’s for reference on width.

I travel to Asheville and Greensboro on a regular basis, so I can meet someone to make the sale happen. I could also meet you at VIR or CMP.

I’m installing a BBK which means a move to 18” wheels.

ACD9AA7A-B6EC-4047-8EEE-8DA04220C8BE.jpeg
DEEE29E8-08EF-4A0A-A720-1C682351AE1C.jpeg
6F077171-48E0-48CA-83D4-CAEE80814ABB.jpeg

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Bump

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Any idea how long you would expect these to last?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have not run the take off Pirell’s myself.
Based on the forum member who connected me with Todd Zimmer who sells the Pirelli take off’s; he has run 8 sessions and is at about 50%. He has them on an R with -1.2 degrees front and -2.4 rear camber.
So based on that 16 to 20 sessions. So 4 maybe 5 days HPDE…..? This was meant to be a test before I spend $400/tire on R7 Hoosiers, where I’d guess 20-24 sessions, 5-6 days on track. A buddy is getting 20-days on R7’s at VIR with his GT3 and I’d think I may get a little more life than that.

Tire life is very track and setup dependent. VIR is relatively easy on tires compared to say CMP in Kershaw.

These are the DH compound which is the harder of the Pirelli compounds, so i would use it for HPDE. I would not use this for auto-x.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Well, I'm definitely interested...I'll send a PM to see if we can set something up (I have a friend local that I might be able to talk into snagging them for me).

The fly in the ointment I guess is that I sort of need my Apex wheels to show up so I have something to put them on (unless you're selling those Neuspeeds too...). Also, do you know if these would rub at all? I'm pretty sure I read that you had rubbing with the 255s, and these are obviously a little narrower. I have 2.5 front and 2.0 rear camber, but I'm not looking to go too far down a rabbit hole doing much else to make these work (other things higher on the priority list).

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Replied to your PM.
Also waiting on my Apex track wheels.
The rub was on the right rear on the fuel filler guard. Very slight rub that took the paint off the guard.

As you can see from the photos, these slicks are true to size and are narrower than the NT01’s.