GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed infotainment 8" display rebooting

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought an upgraded 8" display from MauricioGTI (like lots of other people... he is great btw and system has worked great for about 2 months) Just recently it started freezing and you cant use touch controls. Then it reboots. This keeps happening every 10 minutes, even with nothing plugged into the USB (for Apple car play) How do I know if its an issue with the 8" display I put in or the main head unit etc? Its a 2017 Autobahn and I'm still under warranty for a few months. So trying to figure out if I need to put everything back to factory and take it in?

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
Funny you mention that.... i found another thread in a different forum and they said the same thing / or upgrading the software. I just pulled out the NAV card and drove around and it was stable. I will wait a few more days before confirming that was the fix. If it is, I wonder if I need an updated card or upgrade the software.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Funny you mention that.... i found another thread in a different forum and they said the same thing / or upgrading the software. I just pulled out the NAV card and drove around and it was stable. I will wait a few more days before confirming that was the fix. If it is, I wonder if I need an updated card or upgrade the software.
I left mine out since I use CarPlay anyways for directions. I would have never thought of it on my own. I must have read the same post you did.