GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

mw1978

Ready to race!
Thx gents - good to hear, will keep my engine bay looking stock (and save a few $$).

I read somewhere about drilling a larger hole in the HPFP fitting which feeds the MPI line (applies to ROW HPFPs only) - not an option? Or is there more than just that hole that controls pressure to the MPI (vs DI) rail?
You have seen probably Dan littco post on FB. This is solution but much better is plug this feed and use tee before hpfp. I’m doing my setup just like APR which use stock MPI rail.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Thanks to this thread (and particularly some of the recommended tools) MPI install was a breeze this weekend.

Only thing I can add is for cars with studs (8 bolts + 2 nuts), installing the hard line before manifold is not an option. Also, just loosening the 10mm triple square at the bottom of the support bracket was enough to depress it from the manifold stud and move it out of the way, I never had to fully remove it. Otherwise I just followed humble mechanic's video.

I have all EU parts (including hpfp with 1/8" drilled pressure regulator to the MPI rail), 925cc bosch injectors, PR harness and boost tap. Bonus shot of carbon buildup at 117k. Will be interesting to see the effect of MPI when I open it back up for cleaning sometime next year.

EDIT: found the turbo threads

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Last edited:

mw1978

Ready to race!
I have all EU parts (including hpfp with 1/8" drilled pressure regulator to the MPI rail)

I upgraded my stock MPI to 980cc and drilled MPI nozzle on hpfp as well. I think it was 3.5mm because I use drill in the same size as hole inside nozzle

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Did the MPI today and I glad I found this thread afterwards. I wasnt sure if it mattered where the ground wire went or the pink wire since PR instructions dont mention it. Install is super easy with the euro manifold and my entire harness on my coffee table since the motor is out being built.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Did the MPI today and I glad I found this thread afterwards. I wasnt sure if it mattered where the ground wire went or the pink wire since PR instructions dont mention it. Install is super easy with the euro manifold and my entire harness on my coffee table since the motor is out being built.

Did you install the harness into the vehicle? Now really would be a good time to pin the harness into the ECU and fuse box with the motor out of the car.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

E.TMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you know what measurements are needed when installing precision race works to a euro manifold? The bolts provided don’t fit factory.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I had a used oem ROW manifold from Germany and the PR supplied bolts wouldn't fit (M8). I used M6 hex socket head bolts. Its been a while but I think the length was 40 mm. Probably should measure to confirm though. Don't have the car anymore but have some pics if that helps.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Searching catcar.info confirms M6x40mm hex socket flathead bolts as the OEM ROW MPI rail hardware. I’ll also be using the ROW rail so that’s good info, thanks.

E.TMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
As in wrong size and won't thread or too long/short?
I would say too short and won’t thread. When I originally installed my PRW MPI I had to find the measurements on a forum here but someone is now asking and can’t find it anywhere. Figured you may know what type of screws you need to bolt MPI to the manifold

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
Hello all,
I think I may be having an issue with my rail pressure sensor, when I check the value of "lpfp actual psi" it doesn't vary. It remains at 159.6, have any of you had this issue? Do you know which wire/wires are associated with the rail pressure sensor? Thanks.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Hello all,
I think I may be having an issue with my rail pressure sensor, when I check the value of "lpfp actual psi" it doesn't vary. It remains at 159.6, have any of you had this issue? Do you know which wire/wires are associated with the rail pressure sensor? Thanks.
PR rail? Did you install? Did it ever work or is this a new problem? Should be a blue and an orange wire for the sensor if using the PR kit.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0540/5596/0769/files/EA888.3_Port_Injection_Install_Guide_r2.pdf

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
Thank you for the reply. I installed it, yes the PR rail kit. I don't think it's ever worked, I've never seen any other value except 159.6. I just reseated the power plug, and repinned the blue wire. I will double check the orange wire now.

Just to make sure I am trying read the correct data, this is on an accessport. I am looking at "lpfp actual psi." Know if this is the correct data to look at?