GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rain?

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone noticed their car playing up after it's been raining?
I've not suffered too much with the software problems that others have on here but i'm sure i'm beginning to notice that they start after the car has been driven in the wet.
For example yesterday on the way home from work it hammered down and the car drove fine.
A few hours later i set off again and a mile or so up the road i got the SOS not working call workshop error.
So before getting onto the M25 i pulled over and tried restarting the car to try and clear it.To no avail i even tried locking the car and standing outside for a few minutes.
Driving off again the screen was stuck on loading your settings and the SOS error was still showing.
As i joined the M25 the speed limit display showed 20 mph and this continued for the entire journey showing completely random limits between 20 and 45 mph on the motorways and 70 mph through villages that are 30 or 20mph and often nothing at all.
Occasionally it got it right but i also kept getting messages saying information for this area unavaillable.
All the way the screen was stuck on the loading despite me turning it on and off several times tried the long press too.
So i had no music but the display in the dial was showing a track playing and i could skip it using the button on the steering wheel but the volume button just brought up a crossed out volume.
This continued for the entire 70 mile journey.
After stopping in the apparently 70 mph limit close and greeting the missus with a string of expletives about VW.
The car was left for 20 mins or so before we headed home.
Got in and everything was back to normal the car was perfect all the way home even travel assist performed faultlessly for a change.
I did get the centre speaker crackle just before home though but no SOS message.

I've noticed before on the way to work on days that i've had issues like travel assist not availlable errors or it keeps telling me to drive in the centre of the lane,volume control not working etc the previous journey was in the rain.
Again on the return journeys everthing has been back to normal.

I've got the HUD option so i was very aware of the speed limits being displayed incorrectly but imagine if i'd pressed the travel assist button on the M25 when the car decided it was 20 mph that could've been a lights out moment!

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I find that if a computer plays up the best cure is to throw it through a window whilst in a apoplectic rage. Sadly all my windows are smaller than a VW Golf 😤🤔🙄