GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSS knuckle/hub install/results OEM Camber Fix

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have CSS swivels and Vorshlag camber plates to get me to -3.4 degrees front camber at stock ride height. The CSS swivels add no NVH and are good for -1degrees. Camber plates add a little NVH but this is more dependent on the quality of the road surface more than anything else.

No impact on braking from what I can tell at VIR. I’ve got my brake zones pretty well compressed.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Just came across this thread. I'm looking to add a bit of negative camber as well to my GTI (no DCC) in my signature. It's a daily first, track toy second. Since it's an OEM+ upgrade, I presume it'll have little to no impact on daily driving if I ask for the camber to be set at about -2 degrees? This is probably all I need and nothing else?

CSS = Clubsport?

On Reddit, the guy replaced his bearings too with part 8S0498625 x 2

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Wheel bearings are the same. Stock GTi bearings will work.

Front camber will be fixed. So you get what you get. Anything up to -2.5 will be good on the street regarding wear. Set front toe to zero.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
or do audi ttrs knuckles with roll center / bump steer adjustment.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
link? Did you mean to say tt LCAs?
spindles. Note I have NOT done this modm There is a thread somewhere here or on vortex by someone who has.

here's a current ebay post for one of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-TT-8S...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

note on pic 6 (edit pic 5) the increased distance between the center of the bearing and the ball joint attachment.

wheel fitment could come into play. I feel confident I can't run them with my 15s :)

edit:
here's the link
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/tt-swivels-onlins-coilovers-installed.343349/

Last edited:

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
spindles. Note I have NOT done this modm There is a thread somewhere here or on vortex by someone who has.

here's a current ebay post for one of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-TT-8S...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

note on pic 6 (edit pic 5) the increased distance between the center of the bearing and the ball joint attachment.

wheel fitment could come into play. I feel confident I can't run them with my 15s :)

edit:
here's the link
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/tt-swivels-onlins-coilovers-installed.343349/

Thanks for coming back on this. Interesting for sure but not convinced its a superior option to CSS with built-in negative camber.

Planning on fitting CSS spindles soon and will attempt TT LCAs.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks for coming back on this. Interesting for sure but not convinced its a superior option to CSS with built-in negative camber.

Planning on fitting CSS spindles soon and will attempt TT LCAs.
yeah I'm not saying it's a better option either. it's a little known option for spindle replacement that doesn't get much air time. Roll center adjustment doesn't get much air time. This choice would be for someone who wants to lower and compensate roll center and who will seek more aggressive camber mods than CSS knuckles (such as adjustable plates or tts control arms).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Most people that need more negative camber are doing so for autocross or TT, which will likely put you into a class you really don't want to be in if you do the CSS knuckles.

If it's just a street daily, you're better off with something like Eurosport camber kit.

If you really are just tracking and aren't going to autocross and TT, it's a great way to get more negative camber with really no downside. If you eventually do decide to autocross or TT, you've kind of shot yourself in the foot.

For autocross and TT, look at the rules of the class you want to run and let that dictate the best route to negative camber.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Most people that need more negative camber are doing so for autocross or TT, which will likely put you into a class you really don't want to be in if you do the CSS knuckles.

If it's just a street daily, you're better off with something like Eurosport camber kit.

If you really are just tracking and aren't going to autocross and TT, it's a great way to get more negative camber with really no downside. If you eventually do decide to autocross or TT, you've kind of shot yourself in the foot.

For autocross and TT, look at the rules of the class you want to run and let that dictate the best route to negative camber.
how will anyone know you've done the swap? it is as OEM as it gets.