GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FCP Euro -- Returning Fluids

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
They have a post on social media showing all the oil people send back.

I got my oil change kit from ShopDAP >=|
Live and learn. Coils, plugs, suspension, upgraded turbo, hell anything FCP offers that my car needs I buy from them just because of the warranty. I even buy some of the non returnable stuff like engine flush and ceratec from them.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I was talking with one of the LM guys at one of the shows and he indicated that FCP was one of their top retailers for their products…. And that being a top retailer earns them nice bonuses likely outweighing any “loss” they take on lifetime oil replacements.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Live and learn. Coils, plugs, suspension, upgraded turbo, hell anything FCP offers that my car needs I buy from them just because of the warranty. I even buy some of the non returnable stuff like engine flush and ceratec from them.

Spark plugs, wash mits, microfiber towels, etc. I fully take advantage of the policy.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I was talking with one of the LM guys at one of the shows and he indicated that FCP was one of their top retailers for their products…. And that being a top retailer earns them nice bonuses likely outweighing any “loss” they take on lifetime oil replacements.
Yup. Most people don't think about this, but I'm sure most of their suppliers offer them bonuses based on the volume they move. Plus discounts tend to apply to the economies of scale, the more you buy the cheaper it gets to purchase.

I mean, I really doubt the people that own FCP started a business to lose money. 🤷‍♂️

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
This is exactly why FCP has this program. In theory, yes, giving away oil for free would be a bad business model, but by doing so if they can guarantee your business they are coming out on top. Good for them.

Also, I feel like this thread pops up once every six months or so, and despite how emotional people get over it there are always 1-2 people who learn that FCP really does encourage returning oil and probably keep getting new customers from it :ROFLMAO:.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
It's easier to put my oil down the storm drain, no real mess to deal with. So therefore I'll just keep buying my new oil, and go from there.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Now that's immoral.
The policy is clear. “Everything we sell is covered under our lifetime replacement warranty.” Help me understand how leveraging their policy to my full advantage is immoral? FCP is pretty transparent in their marketing materials about how they consider the policy “a cost of doing business.” Wash materials are consumables just like the oil I send back.

There are exclusions and if this was an issue, FCP would have included items such as these on the excluded list.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It's easier to put my oil down the storm drain, no real mess to deal with. So therefore I'll just keep buying my new oil, and go from there.
Now that’s immoral 🙄.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The policy is clear. “Everything we sell is covered under our lifetime replacement warranty.” Help me understand how leveraging their policy to my full advantage is immoral? FCP is pretty transparent in their marketing materials about how they consider the policy “a cost of doing business.” Wash materials are consumables just like the oil I send back.

There are exclusions and if this was an issue, FCP would have included items such as these on the excluded list.

Bro, i was joking. :)

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Well, I have been buying my stuff from Europa parts because I can run over there right after work and pick my stuff up. I like being able to support a small business. I wasn’t aware of this policy. I may have to rethink this. It ships free. Seems weird not to do it.