GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
View attachment 226001
15 hour day. Fell off a ladder on the goddamn concrete, stepped into the mudding bucket - twice - and inhaled probably and entire sheet of drywall cutting it all down and trying to make it fit. But, it's on its way. An honest man's work - done by a man that's not so much.
Good job! I did my garage last summer (three walls and the ceiling), and it took me well over 15 hours :ROFLMAO: . Well worth the effort but I hope I never have to do anything like it again.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Put in some octane booster which solved my timing pull problems in hot weather. So either I need better gas, a better IC, or a different tune. Or all of the above 😂 Easiest next step is to try a 91 octane tune instead of 93.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Put in some octane booster which solved my timing pull problems in hot weather. So either I need better gas, a better IC, or a different tune. Or all of the above 😂 Easiest next step is to try a 91 octane tune instead of 93.
91 octane tune or keep using octane booster in hot weather.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I run a 91 Oct tune because it's hotter than Satan's balls in Floriderp.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
247FC609-213E-431F-BCB8-B5845FBEE575.jpeg

Tried installing a used P3 boost gauge! I’m struggling a bit with it. First thing, it runs a fuse-tap / ground wire, so finding something that is only powered when car is on / doesn’t freak the CAN out is kinda hard…
82EC5524-635F-4F91-8FA8-489F4CC82B0A.jpeg

2.) pretttttty sure the boost sensor is toast. Vacuum line is pretty strong all the way through, but I’m not getting any real boost readings. If I unplug the sensor, the gauge reacts and goes to negative 37-40psi, but just settles at some random single digit number when it’s plugged in. Kinda confused on what to do about that… unless maybe it’s my ground, but the battery voltage portion of the gauge reads accurately!

Attachments

• C121935B-BF70-45F4-A101-88DC0D6111EE.jpeg
    C121935B-BF70-45F4-A101-88DC0D6111EE.jpeg
    894 KB · Views: 42

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's floridaman, and you gotta watch out.