2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
"Please wear a mask. Thanks!"

Sincerely,
-your lungs.
I did - but I was sweating like a whore in church in there - and every time i took it off for a breath, it was straight dust. I'm back in here today, sanding - I rented a vacuum sander from Home Depot, so hopefully that helps.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I did - but I was sweating like a whore in church in there - and every time i took it off for a breath, it was straight dust. I'm back in here today, sanding - I rented a vacuum sander from Home Depot, so hopefully that helps.

I got something like this when I did my basement. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KL4N25V/

Have to be gentle though, those things will chew through drywall in an instant.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The new flavor of the week while my car remains stuck at the dealer: Jag XE 25t

1632267680718.png

1632267873395.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I was almost an extra for this show... It's being filmed in Wilmington, NC.
I thought S3 and 4 were in London. Can't wait for it to return though. My mind was blown when I found out Teddy Perkins was Donald Glover.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Drywall: wet sanding!

file under: boring, economical. I bought 12 G gas and noticed I did 440 miles on tank = 36 mpg. My "fill it, Stupid" light had been on for a couple of days.

Last edited:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Installed the solid ECS cable bushings for crispier shifts. Great improvement, especially after having 70k miles on my stock bushings. Of course there is a little slop left, but I'd say it was about a good 70% improvement.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Got my exhaust seams welded back in May and finally got around to making it look pretty.

Attachments

• 20210922_172221.jpg
    20210922_172221.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 20210922_172025.jpg
    20210922_172025.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Done. Primer and paint this weekend, potlights in on Monday /Tuesday and hopefully I get a carpet guy in next week as well.
View attachment 226145

Looks good. Much better than mine. Ceiling on my started to crack, and been far too lazy to fix it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Looks good. Much better than mine. Ceiling on my started to crack, and been far too lazy to fix it.
Thank you. Did you use strapping on the joists?

Hindsight being 20/20 - I'd do the demo, framing and insulation on my own - drywall, taping, mudding, sanding I'd outsource. It's way too cumbersome and detailed.