GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Bother in 2026?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I did a quick browse of that thread.
I then proceeded to sit on the toilet with the bidet full blast for 30 seconds to clear the memory of reading that outta my mind.

Decided on Mexican take out.
Sounds like you and the bidet are going to have another meeting later

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
I've asked for a Toto Washlet S550 for Christmas, then the Brondell will go to the guest bathroom for the plebeians. With my new diet I require pre-misting of the bowl with electolyzed water before and after use.
Google analytics this morning: He is interested in buying a MK8 GTI again

Google analytics this afternoon: He is interested in booty sprinklers.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Google analytics this morning: He is interested in buying a MK8 GTI again

Google analytics this afternoon: He is interested in booty sprinklers.

Are they really that different? Shit inside 😉

I kid. Though additional nannies gives me another reason that I'm glad I didn't wait to buy a brand new GTI when I could afford it, and instead bought a slightly used mk7 at a good price. Doesn't hurt that it was also spec'd out nearly exactly as I'd want from the factory.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Self driving cars will fix this problem anyways
this is the only way to prevent car accidents. The tech isn't there yet and likely will not be for 20 years. I am not talking about assisted, touch the wheel every 2 minutes (or whatever they have now), I mean full reliable self driving (I could fall asleep and it does what it needs to do). The problem is more of a paradox thought on who to blame when something fails. Current companies want to enforce the driver to be awake so their self driving car doesn't kill someone and they get a law suit, the problem is very simple (people). Until cars can 100% drive themselves, change lanes, stop, go, avoid people etc, then problems will still exist. It's very likely this wont happen in the next 100 years. Our roads suck, the lidar and radar are not advanced enough, 100000 different parameters exist at one time, bad weather makes it near impossible in certain conditions. Lastly, it also moves trillions in revenue but saves lives yet promotes more bad habits while in a car. Either way, get an uber and dont drive drunk. Also if big brother wants to place a tracking device in my car they can pound literal sand

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I've asked for a Toto Washlet S550 for Christmas, then the Brondell will go to the guest bathroom for the plebeians. With my new diet I require pre-misting of the bowl with electolyzed water before and after use.
I really miss Japan, even the public park restrooms are spotless. Got to test out a $8k washlet at a friends house and it was heavenly. Saves individual user customization, preheated water/seats, pressure/angle/temp adjustments, blow dry function, self cleaning, auto fragrance sprayer, seat/lid lifts up automatically when you stand in front, the works.
When we remodel, I'm having it wired for a washlet.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think it's more likely that when tracking devices are mandated in cars that those who don't want it will do the literal sand pounding, with our actual feet as we walk to where we need to go. Presumably leaving our cell phones in those same cars we refuse to drive :ROFLMAO:.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I really miss Japan, even the public park restrooms are spotless. Got to test out a $8k washlet at a friends house and it was heavenly. Saves individual user customization, preheated water/seats, pressure/angle/temp adjustments, blow dry function, self cleaning, auto fragrance sprayer, seat/lid lifts up automatically when you stand in front, the works.
When we remodel, I'm having it wired for a washlet.
Same here, had them in my house in Japan, bought a crappy when I got back to the states. Then bought nice ones when bought a place, and added outlets behind each toilet. The Toto S550 has everything you mentioned except the auto fragrance spraying (has a deodorizer/air filter though). The heated water is actually on-demand so it never runs out. Some bidets have tanks, which gives you a limited amount (time) of heated water. There are also hybrid systems which have a tank for instant hot water but also the coils that provide on-demand. My Brondell is on-demand only but it's already warm by the time you notice it's cold.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hell don't know what any of the threads are about anymore. They've all gone down the 🚽

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What...is this thread about?

Thread title + current topic =
I'm trying to install a camera in my car ASAP, to beat the mandate, so that I can enable Driver Monitoring in the Driver Assistance menu of my MIB. I think that's what this is about. We're also pitching ideas to the government for relatively foolproof but fair ways to implement intoxication checks without undue burden on drivers.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm trying to install a camera in my car ASAP, to beat the mandate, so that I can enable Driver Monitoring in the Driver Assistance menu of my MIB. I think that's what this is about. We're also pitching ideas to the government for relatively foolproof but fair ways to implement intoxication checks without undue burden on drivers.
They won't require cars you have now to be able to meet the new requirements. Just new cars sold after a certain date by 2026 at the latest.