GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
Oof, looks like a copy/paste of Civic Si styling. Looks slow and uninspiring, imo. Doesn't even look like an Integra. Looks like a shrink-wrapped MDX.

Far, far cry from these concept images, which more accurately captured the essence of Integra. Without the subtle wedge shape, it's just not an Integra, imo.

View attachment 230364

Playing it safe is getting old... auto industry, movie industry... many others scared of risk.

Subaru SVX.jpg
Looks like this beast.

torga

Autocross Champion

IMO, that comparison is an insult to the SVX. At least Subaru took a risk and made an interesting looking car.

The new Integra is milquetoast on wheels.

EDIT: My bad, I think you're comparing the SVX to the Integra concept render. In that case, I def see it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
How was that svx to drive? I always thought they looked cool back in the day.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
The new Integra is an ILX

https://www.acura.ca/ilx

Exactly.
The current ILX is based on the prior gen Civic and was targeted as "baby premium sedan" in an era where baby premium buyers want CUV's or electric cars they can't afford.
Convert ILX to current gen civic platform.
Rebrand the ILX as Integra hoping to capitalize on name recognition.
To shift it away from dead end "baby premium sedan" demographic, tell people it's now in sporty segment and make sure it still includes manual to generate buzz.
Introduce Type R version with Civic Type R underpinnings about a 1-2 years after initial release.

At 5 year mark, end production and introduce platform that will mark shift to 100% EV\PHEV Acura lineup.

Done

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
The Integra has always been on the Civic platform, hasn't it? I guess I don't get all the hate. I'll give you that previous generations hid it better and looked much sportier, but it's not like this is out of character. I would have preferred something smaller and sleeker, maybe with 2 doors though. Even using the SI engine is par for the course.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Loved my RSX-S. Super disappointed in this. Civic si with a new bumper and headlights. It’s a new Acura csx.

The Civic based Integra is the replacement to the Civic based ILX which was the replacement for the Civic based RSX which was a replacement for the Civic based Integra.
You got the Integra when you wanted a nicer place to sit. Honda\Acura simply decided to mess with the name a couple of times because they thought 3 letters were better than words cuz "fauncy"
This generation is the same old formula. Couple of different body panels. Some suspension tuning. More potent optional engines. Nicer interior.
If the new model starts off with the same old SI engine, then meh. If they up the boost a bit then the first year car starts to up the appeal factor. The Civic 1.5T allegedly has some headroom for power.
When the Halo model ....I mean IF the Halo model comes out with the Type R engine, my guess is $48,995 for a 3 year run.

The civic is a nice car with great handling. Being based on the civic is not a bad thing.

Considering the amount of cars still offering manual in the semi luxo segment., I'm thankful car companies still cater to weirdos like me at price that's not overkill.

I'm warming up to it. Just gotta be quicker than my GTI for me to actually care about it

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
The Civic based Integra is the replacement to the Civic based ILX which was the replacement for the Civic based RSX which was a replacement for the Civic based Integra.
You got the Integra when you wanted a nicer place to sit. Honda\Acura simply decided to mess with the name a couple of times because they thought 3 letters were better than words cuz "fauncy"
This generation is the same old formula. Couple of different body panels. Some suspension tuning. More potent optional engines. Nicer interior.
If the new model starts off with the same old SI engine, then meh. If they up the boost a bit then the first year car starts to up the appeal factor. The Civic 1.5T allegedly has some headroom for power.
When the Halo model ....I mean IF the Halo model comes out with the Type R engine, my guess is $48,995 for a 3 year run.

The civic is a nice car with great handling. Being based on the civic is not a bad thing.

Considering the amount of cars still offering manual in the semi luxo segment., I'm thankful car companies still cater to weirdos like me at price that's not overkill.

I'm warming up to it. Just gotta be quicker than my GTI for me to actually care about it

Except its not the formula from the DC5 and DC2. Both of those models were more than a couple different body panels slapped on to the contemporary civic coupe shells. They were entirely different vehicles inside and out (yes some shared mechanicals, same platform underneath). Neither car shared a single body panel with the civic. It'd be like saying a Tiguan is a GTI with a couple of different body panels.

The new one appears to be exactly the same shell (same roof, windshield, rear glass, doors) with new lights and an acura grill. The teaser photo of the gearshift is identical to the civic si.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The Integra will be available in an automatic 👎. If you want an Si it’s manual transmission only. Honda knows they would sell more Si’s if they offered an automatic but they don’t care…which I love about them.

What they need to do is put that 1.5 turbo in the Fit, AWD from a CRV and offer it in the US to show the GR Yaris how it’s done 😎