GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jedred1

jedred1
I have 95000 mi and have never had to replace my brake pads. Rotors are smooth(ish) and inspection states nice and thick same with the pads. They feel good to me so I've never worried about them. Am I crazy? :rolleyes:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have 95000 mi and have never had to replace my brake pads. Rotors are smooth(ish) and inspection states nice and thick same with the pads. They feel good to me so I've never worried about them. Am I crazy? :rolleyes:
Are you original owner?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah no one has a tq wrench that goes that low. Most people just screw em in gudntight. It isn't a big deal if you do over torque them and strip the block as the block has a few more threads beyond that so you can always just put in a longer screw if you fuck it up
Kinda of stupid that they dont just give you longer screws to make it less likely to strip.

torga

Autocross Champion
Has anyone here used MAF cleaner as contact cleaner? I'm doing some troubleshooting and wanna rule out any connector pin corrosion.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Has anyone here used MAF cleaner as contact cleaner? I'm doing some troubleshooting and wanna rule out any connector pin corrosion.
The best way I've found to clean a MAF is to remove it from the housing and swish it around in a Ziploc bag full of isopropyl alcohol for a minute 🤷

torga

Autocross Champion
It would probably work fine, MAF cleaner is designed to work with MAF (obviously) which are much more fragile than a pin connector

That's what I'm thinking too. I just need to make sure one of my headlight connectors is fully clean. Didn't wanna have to go buy another can of something just for that.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Go for it torga, everyone needs a wall of car drugs in their garage. Better living through chemistry as they say. Are you having issues with those new lights?

torga

Autocross Champion
Go for it torga, everyone needs a wall of car drugs in their garage. Better living through chemistry as they say. Are you having issues with those new lights?

Yeah, unfortunately. The pass. side DRL won't stay on when the low beams come on. I wanted to rule out a bunch of the silly, no-brainer troubleshooting before I made a post about it. Gonna be reaching out to Osram as well, to see if they've got tips.

Phur

Autocross Champion
🤘

Phur

Autocross Champion
They are one of my all-time favorites! Era Vulgaris and Like Clockwork took some time to grow on me though. I don’t know why. They are incredible. I must’ve just not been in the right headspace when they came out.

torga

Autocross Champion
They are one of my all-time favorites! Era Vulgaris and Like Clockwork took some time to grow on me though. I don’t know why. They are incredible. I must’ve just not been in the right headspace when they came out.

Cannot get enough of Songs for the Deaf -- it's one of my perfect albums. Wasn't the biggest fan of their newest album, to be honest.