GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That sucks! Sorry dude.

If your going CF hatch you should also entertain going plastic in lieu of the glass, for that extra credit!

https://www.acwmotorsportplastics.c...ermoformed-polycarbonate-rear-windscreen.html

For a car thatā€™s not tracked road course I donā€™t see how having the extra rear downforce is going to really benefit you, esp you are already not full sold on the aesthetics of the ā€œtrue trackā€ diffusers. I really like the look of the aerofab track one and the fact that they made the fins out of plastic so when they hit the ground then donā€™t bend and you can just replace them separate as needed.

I had a friend local that had an r that was on a mild drop and his verus would scrap in and out of steep driveways. They definitely hang pretty low. (His car was actually the one that had the miltek exhaust that required modifications and prompted them to update their website listing lol)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Glue a huge pipe wrench to the top of your car so people stay away

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Do you sit at stops in neutral without being on the brake? People these days forget about MT cars, so when they see no brake lights they assume itā€™s ok to start accelerating. BRAM!

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I think it's a given problem in NJ..Im afraid to go out in my red gti. Besides the large suvs most are on their phone...and that seems to be ok here. My other car..rear-ended sitting at a light by an F250..I could see him on his phone when I looked in rearview mirror...he denied it to the cop..no ticket. My sons fiesta rear-ended and totalled..back body pushed into the rear wheels..kid that hit him admitted he was on his phone...no ticket.

Sorry ..hope nothing is badly bent when they get into it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Do you sit at stops in neutral without being on the brake? People these days forget about MT cars, so when they see no brake lights they assume itā€™s ok to start accelerating. BRAM!
I always sit at stops in neutral and most of the time I'm on my brake but will lift off when I see the light for the other traffic turns yellow.

I think it's a given problem in NJ..Im afraid to go out in my red gti. Besides the large suvs most are on their phone...and that seems to be ok here. My other car..rear-ended sitting at a light by an F250..I could see him on his phone when I looked in rearview mirror...he denied it to the cop..no ticket. My sons fiesta rear-ended and totalled..back body pushed into the rear wheels..kid that hit him admitted he was on his phone...no ticket.

Sorry ..hope nothing is badly bent when they get into it.
Dude, that sucks. I know how they can drive up in Jersey because I was born and raised in Jersey and left the state when I was 20 because I joined the military.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That sucks! Sorry dude.

If your going CF hatch you should also entertain going plastic in lieu of the glass, for that extra credit!

https://www.acwmotorsportplastics.c...ermoformed-polycarbonate-rear-windscreen.html

For a car thatā€™s not tracked road course I donā€™t see how having the extra rear downforce is going to really benefit you, esp you are already not full sold on the aesthetics of the ā€œtrue trackā€ diffusers. I really like the look of the aerofab track one and the fact that they made the fins out of plastic so when they hit the ground then donā€™t bend and you can just replace them separate as needed.

I had a friend local that had an r that was on a mild drop and his verus would scrap in and out of steep driveways. They definitely hang pretty low. (His car was actually the one that had the miltek exhaust that required modifications and prompted them to update their website listing lol)
Yes, I will be going with a plastic window instead of glass and good find with that link. I've talked to Clay Warner (director of sales and marketing for Verus), and Rich F. (owner of Aerofabb) and both have said that the rear diffuser will be beneficial for a 1/4 mile build as it will reduce drag and increase rear-end grip at speed.

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I had a shitty morning yesterday. On my way to work, I got in to a car accident where the lady behind me rear ended my car. This is the 3rd fucking time my car has been rear ended because the person behind me wasn't paying attention. The first accident happended back in 2018 but the second and third accident happened this year with only a couple of months apart from one another. My bumper and hatch both need to be replaced and who knows what else. My insurance company is taking care of everything and I already have the appointment set up to drop my car off at the body shop that I picked out. I drop my car off on the 21st and I'm hoping that the front bumper parts that I ordered back on November 23rd for the other issue, arrive before the 21st so that the body shop can take care of that as well. I want to upgrade my hatch to a carbon fiber one and have the shop paint it TR to match my car and looking at replacing my Strafe diffuser with either Verus or Aerofabb's new rear diffuser because both are actually a functional diffuser. I like the one from Verus more but since I have the AWE Track exhaust, that will require some fitment adjustments to the rear bumper. I'm waiting to hear back from Aerofabb to see if fitment adjustments are required with that one. For the carbon fiber hatch, my first choice is Premium Deutsch Carbon and if they are out or on backorder then my second choice is Seibon.

View attachment 231828
View attachment 231829
View attachment 231830
View attachment 231831
That sucks dude. Been there.

Make sure to pull off the bumper and inspect the trunk vents and the sheet metal surrounding them.

When I got bumped, the trunk vents broke and sheet metal got pushed in a little causing rain water to leak into the spare wheel well.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Looks like VWoA finally got me the information that I was looking for pertaining to my shifter forks and my vehicle has the weak bronze shifter forks. So looks like I'll be making an order with Darkside Developments for some steel shifter forks with bronze sliders.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looks like VWoA finally got me the information that I was looking for pertaining to my shifter forks and my vehicle has the weak bronze shifter forks. So looks like I'll be making an order with Darkside Developments for some steel shifter forks with bronze sliders.
How did you contact them? Would be nice to send them my code and see what they say since mine were metal.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
How did you contact them? Would be nice to send them my code and see what they say since mine were metal.
I went to www.volkswagengroupofamerica.com and on their Contact Us page is the number to call which is 248-754-5000. They'll ask for your VIN and I'd be interested to hear what they come back with.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So this coming Monday, the 13th, I am scheduled for a remote dyno tuning with Ed around noon. Should be interesting to see how far we can take this turbo of mine, now that I have a built block but I did tell Ed that I do not want to take it to 40 psi, 39.5 is my max. Once that is done, I will do some test pulls from a dig and up to 6th in order to dial it in some more for each gear. Then on the 21st, I drop my car off at the body shop to get the rear end repaired and hopefully my front bumper will arrive before that so the body shop can do the front end as well.