GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shop manual… erwin or chiton online?

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
I have a shop manual for every vehicle I own… full of greasy fingerprints and copious notes on things encountered that weren’t in the book. Looks like vw is forcing me to go digital. Do I go with erwin and have direct vw info but having to download pages and pages in one day…. Or for about the same price go with chitons and have a whole year to pick out what I need? I have seen and heard the results from erwin. It seems to be a good place to go but that means I have to grab everything all at once and I guarantee I will miss something forcing me to go and get it again vs chiltons gives me time to pick what I need. I love my paper chiltons manuals.
suggestions?

thank you in advance.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Erwin is pretty good. You can pay for a 3 day pass I believe if you want longer without breaking the bank, but all the info is pretty straight forward and a day pass should be enough. You can search by VIN, or dial in by year, make, model and everything will be presented. Just print to PDF and save to your PC. Print out at your leisure if you want hard copies. I picked up the erwin for my car awhile ago and it's come in handy quite a few times and was well worth the money. Plus since you save it as PDF I can send it to my phone so I have a quick reference if I can't print when I'm working on the car.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Which car do you have? I can help you.
I have a shop manual for every vehicle I own… full of greasy fingerprints and copious notes on things encountered that weren’t in the book. Looks like vw is forcing me to go digital. Do I go with erwin and have direct vw info but having to download pages and pages in one day…. Or for about the same price go with chitons and have a whole year to pick out what I need? I have seen and heard the results from erwin. It seems to be a good place to go but that means I have to grab everything all at once and I guarantee I will miss something forcing me to go and get it again vs chiltons gives me time to pick what I need. I love my paper chiltons manuals.
suggestions?

thank you in advance.

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
17 alltrack se manual transmission. just looking for future use and trying to figure out which is best. The paper manuals are indispensable….. daughter‘s explorer shot out its water pump yesterday. Chiltons came to the rescue and helped immensely.