mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
based on the logs i can tell you that the engine is indeed running
284B3B45-36FE-48F9-A400-E2F05D8DA975.gif

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Thank God you don't have an Anxiety...err...Access Port...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Some better logs with better data resolution from last night. Added a/f ratio.
Note: These logs did not include any knock sensor readings. Something about adding knock sensors to the log recording absolutely murders the data rate. Looking at the CSV, it appears the sensor data doesn't come on congruently, but rather one after the other, so it basically cuts the data rate by 4x. I even manually input the PIDs for the knock retard outputs, and still it killed the data rate. However, since I haven't been recording any knock in any of the prior runs, I don't think knock is an issue anyways. But it would be nice to figure out how to make knock sensor recording work.
These look completely normal to me. The concern with IAT sensitivity - it's not as sensitive as folks make it out to be w/r to needing an aftermarket IC and timing pull on a stock or stage 1 tune. Your ECU targets torque and adjusts timing/boost/fuel to reach it based on a host of parameters. There are many variables and you will see some normal variation which is what you are seeing. Tune your car and enjoy it, there are no signs that you have any issues to be concerned about based on all of these logs. I log my car all the time and see some variation log to log..it's normal.

Edit. Some of the adjustments are preventitive vs. reactive. "knock" isn't always required per the knock sensors to cause changes in the main parameters if the ECU senses other parameters that *could* lead to detonation. I know this isn't the same as the 3.6VR is NA in my Atlas but I did some KR logging of 87 vs. 93 in it. I was still seeing some KR even on 93 in that vehicle under the same conditions, same acceleration, same road, etc. so the notion that 93 solves everything isn't accurate, your engine will get some KR and timing correction at times and it's 1) completely normal and 2) not harmful.

Last edited:

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I live in Jax and I think I know what you might be experiencing. In the mornings here it's 40* then in the afternoon is 75* the drastic temp and humidity changes everyday effects my car the same way. In the mornings it feels strong because of the cold dense air, then when you start it later when there is a 30* difference the car doesn't instantly know this, it takes a bit of driving for the trims to balance out.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
It doesn't matter if there's no timing pull at 100* iat's the computer will limit it to be safe.