GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW TV Ad

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
This is just a casual comment, VW are running a new 2022 ad here on TV and I'm not sure of what to think when they mention the Mk8, are they still going to sell me a Mk8 knowing that problems exist - as they did in in the first place, do they not care, does it bother anyone in their sales department or what?
BTW I contacted VW in Germany this week, I knew it was a email to their digital queries for the We Connect App. Of course I got the expected response.......we don't deal with those type of problems, please contact your dealer or VW.ie.
Just to get a further response I specifically then emailed stating that neither the dealer or VW.ie could help or had any solutions to-date and that we are all disappointed if not embarassed with VW response to current Mk8 software / hardware issues and if they would pass on the queries listed in my original email to the relevant department.
I got the same reply as before, which brings me back to the ad curently running on TV here.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Of course they’ll still sell you one; they’ve been selling mk8 Golfs with known software issues from day one, so they’re not about to stop selling them now. Sales revenue and shareholder satisfaction will be more important to VW than customer satisfaction.

I dare say no new car model when it’s launched will be 100% perfect and without teething troubles, but the Golf - and other models built on the MQB platform sharing essentially the same software - had more than its fair share of teething troubles.

Not good from a customer perspective, and it no doubt put the dealers in a potentially difficult position having to deal with the (presumably) many customer queries and complaints knowing - as we do now - that there wasn’t a fix for many the software issues in the short-medium term.

Last edited:

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Cannot help but be a bit sarcastic towards VW here, maybe they would add a suitable caption during or at the end of their ads like like those proclaiming the model shown is not to UK or Irish specifications - any takers what the caption should read? I can think of a good few.