GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want more front camber? Powerflex Bushings is the Answer!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Seems like the complete Superpro LCAs would be the way to go here vs. individual bushings but it's a cool idea/part and is cheaper for sure to go this route.

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Seems like the complete Superpro LCAs would be the way to go here vs. individual bushings but it's a cool idea/part and is cheaper for sure to go this route.

I autocross my car pretty heavily, and for me the class rules limited a full replacement of the control arm. I don’t see myself going to nationals, and I’m sure at the regional events I could probably get away with it, but I’d still like to ensure compliance. But they would absolutely be easier.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I was only able to eek out -2.5° with mine, was hoping closer to what you were able to get.

Question, did you notice more engine vibration feel with this done?

I’m feeling more vibration, at a stop, in neutral while giving it a rev. Not sure if it’s because of these, or if something else is up.
I have various mounts, so I always had a bit of NVH going on, don't think it added it to it.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I had the complete SuperPro LCA. The bushing started separating after 8k miles, and they replaced it under warranty thankfully.

I decided to try this route and was able to squeeze a bit more camber.vs the SuperPro LCA. longevity is still to be seen.

mcuc25

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
I had the complete SuperPro LCA. The bushing started separating after 8k miles, and they replaced it under warranty thankfully.

I decided to try this route and was able to squeeze a bit more camber.vs the SuperPro LCA. longevity is still to be seen.
Any updates? How is it holding up now?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
One thing I forgot to mention is that i got an alignment recently, and they were at the -2.5 to -2.6 range, so not that drastic as when I first installed. Didn't change anything else.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I autocross my car pretty heavily, and for me the class rules limited a full replacement of the control arm. I don’t see myself going to nationals, and I’m sure at the regional events I could probably get away with it, but I’d still like to ensure compliance. But they would absolutely be easier.
The rules are so silly. Camber is camber.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
Is someone using these bushings in a daily car, are they squeaking after a while? Do they last longer than a few thousand miles?
Thinking about using those with a Audi RS3 bushing in the back to even out and increase camber after installing subframe deadset kit. Is it right that caster will be reduced if you push those bushings to max camber with a normal bushing in the back.
Was thinking about placing a zerk fitting to the control arm and making a little gab between those 2 bushings to regrease them after a while,good idea?
Sorry for so much questions, but cant find much reviews about those bushings

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
Any polyurethane bushing will need to be replaced after a while, depending on how the car is driven. People I know who raced their cars (NASA honda challenge series), replaced poly bushings every season. For street driving, they should last a few years. Polyurethane will deform over time, it's just the nature of the material. If you want something that's more of a "set it and forget it" type of thing, go with the RS3 bushings. They won't be as "good" on the track, but they will last longer in most any other driving condition.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Installed mine (black race version) a few weeks ago. -something- is creaking like a SOB if I slowly enter my driveway, and also when braking hard (front end compresses). Never had these experiences prior so inclined to believe it's these bushings. Have an HPDE in 2 weeks so will worry about it after then. Going to give it a once over this week to make sure it isn't something else, but I kind of doubt that.

FWIW I ran Superpro (non offset) poly LCA bushings in the same position for a while with zero noises.

All bolts removed were replaced with new and torqued to spec FWIW.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
Think I will go with original bushings or hardrace ,they got more solid rubber bushings. But never seen people using them. Don't won't squeaking noises or fast bashed bushings. maybe a adjustable ball joint will be the best way to go. Superpro, Whiteline or hardrace will see.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
So far my Superpro LCAs with poly f/r bushings have been silent. Rear. trailing arm bushings the same.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Is someone using these bushings in a daily car, are they squeaking after a while? Do they last longer than a few thousand miles?
Thinking about using those with a Audi RS3 bushing in the back to even out and increase camber after installing subframe deadset kit. Is it right that caster will be reduced if you push those bushings to max camber with a normal bushing in the back.
Was thinking about placing a zerk fitting to the control arm and making a little gab between those 2 bushings to regrease them after a while,good idea?
Sorry for so much questions, but cant find much reviews about those bushings
I used the powerflex front and rs3 rear for about 9k miles, and had no squeaking at all. They were always silent. Lube them up good during install and make sure they're torqued properly and you shouldn't have any issues