GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
It's not the end of the world but I am trying to do everything with weight savings in mind. I e had the idea of fabricating a lighter tubed crash bar, this will accelerate that effort.
You going to find a CF or similar hood?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Are the hoods on our cars aluminum or steel? If it’s aluminum not much of a point, too much for too little gain.

A better “bang for the buck” weight cut upgrade would be a lithium power-sport battery, they’re getting pretty cheap now. $300 for a ~40 lb weight drop high up on the car. That’s a better weight loss per dollar than a cheap set of lightweight wheels. The wheels are rotational mass though, but the 40 lbs from the top of the engine bay will give a noticeable boost to grip.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Are the hoods on our cars aluminum or steel? If it’s aluminum not much of a point, too much for too little gain.

A better “bang for the buck” weight cut upgrade would be a lithium power-sport battery, they’re getting pretty cheap now. $300 for a ~40 lb weight drop high up on the car. That’s a better weight loss per dollar than a cheap set of lightweight wheels. The wheels are rotational mass though, but the 40 lbs from the top of the engine bay will give a noticeable boost to grip.
The OEM hood has got to be like 35 lbs, my seibon is less than half that I think

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
If you got a nice deal for a CF hood it would be worth it. like $400

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Bought my stratified aux fuel kit today. Was gonna wait on buying it but the way the EPA shit is going I decided to buy now before they probably stop selling it in the future. Hopefully they can still tune my car for e85 and the kit

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Bought my stratified aux fuel kit today. Was gonna wait on buying it but the way the EPA shit is going I decided to buy now before they probably stop selling it in the future. Hopefully they can still tune my car for e85 and the kit
Let me know how it goes. Cobb made it sound like the "green speed" update is forced onto all accesstuner users, meaning stratified couldn't make a tune that suppresses the CEL. You should be fine for E85, the reason the Subie and GTR guys lost E85 is because their E85 sensor was being plugged into an ECU port normally used be emissions related equipment.

I hope I'm misunderstanding the effect on the tuners, since I can't see myself sticking to the stock turbo forever and would love to get another stratified tune

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
It sure would be nice if companies could start making downpipes with EPA compliant, high flow catalytic converter(s). If one were so inclined you could make one yourself with a GEN2 GESI catalyst and a cheap eBay down-pipe. It’d flow well enough to support whatever HP you want and wouldn’t throw a CEL.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I’ve thought about getting one of those Maxton lip spoilers, but I want to build a proper diffuser before I mess with the top of the car.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Let me know how it goes. Cobb made it sound like the "green speed" update is forced onto all accesstuner users, meaning stratified couldn't make a tune that suppresses the CEL. You should be fine for E85, the reason the Subie and GTR guys lost E85 is because their E85 sensor was being plugged into an ECU port normally used be emissions related equipment.

I hope I'm misunderstanding the effect on the tuners, since I can't see myself sticking to the stock turbo forever and would love to get another stratified tune
They said the only change we will see is they can't turn off the CEL anymore. So basically nothing for us since the code was always there, just no CEL. Only difference it makes to me is i'll scan the car weekly to check for new codes since I won't have a visual indicator anymore

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Finally got the door put back together. Had to rewire the speakers since the body shop ripped all the wiring to hell and didn't bother fixing it. Added a little sound deadening to the outer door skin while I was in there, door sounds solid now