GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Budget suspension

tulip

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Looking at throwing some sport line springs on my gti. What should I be replacing along with the springs (as suspension needs a refresh anyways) looking for low budget parts

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys,

Looking at throwing some sport line springs on my gti. What should I be replacing along with the springs (as suspension needs a refresh anyways) looking for low budget parts
I just had a very expensive suspension refresh done. My suspension was stock with the exception of an upgraded RSB and all the Unibraces. Stuff was seized on there and it did not come apart easily. Anyway, it all depends on how old the parts are and how many miles on them. With a little more detail, you'll probably get a better, more informative answer.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
How many miles are on the car? Any prior suspension maintenance?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I ran sportlines on my my mkv. As I recall they were short for the stock suspension to work without issues. With springs that low shocks often hit bump stops and upset the handling of the car. I ended up going with Bilstien B8 Mk6 shocks which are designed to be used with the shorter springs and was very happy.

if you are going to go springs only then don’t go so low.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I've had good luck with the Raceland Classic coilovers if you're looking to go that route. I've put well over 60k on them without any issues. Ride is nice for coilovers and hasn't deteriorated since installation.