GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommendations on rear non-PP Brake Setup for Street/Track?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Eager to hear your impression, I've heard good things about the r4(s).
I have Hydraulic Brake Assist disabled, Brake Booster set to 2, Straight Ahead stabilization disabled. You might want to play with the booster to see what feels better. you might want to set XDS to weak if you're tracking, just to get a bit more life out of the rears.
I'll be sure to post feedback/results. I will be tracking the car, but probably not until May. Aiming to tackle the brakes on the 16th, intercooler the next weekend. And have shop dial in coilovers the next week..... Crap, need to put new mounts in also. Lots to do!

I'll mess with the brake settings in vcds.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'll be sure to post feedback/results. I will be tracking the car, but probably not until May. Aiming to tackle the brakes on the 16th, intercooler the next weekend. And have shop dial in coilovers the next week..... Crap, need to put new mounts in also. Lots to do!

I'll mess with the brake settings in vcds.
Right there with ya... got brakes, coilovers, more arms, then corner-balancing. No way my tune will be done before the tracks open mid-april here.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
This thread caught my eye as I've been researching brake options for my first track day.

I have the non-performance pack brakes on my car, 2017 GTI S, which are the 312mm front rotors. I reached out to Porterfield because I only saw the R4-S available on their website. They can make the R4 to fit non-performance brakes. Current pricing according to one of their sales reps is $300 for the front set and $210 for the rears.

I know this doesn't apply to the OP, but thought I would share in case others are looking for non-PP front pad upgrades.

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 3.36.39 PM.png

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
This thread caught my eye as I've been researching brake options for my first track day.

I have the non-performance pack brakes on my car, 2017 GTI S, which are the 312mm front rotors. I reached out to Porterfield because I only saw the R4-S available on their website. They can make the R4 to fit non-performance brakes. Current pricing according to one of their sales reps is $300 for the front set and $210 for the rears.

I know this doesn't apply to the OP, but thought I would share in case others are looking for non-PP front pad upgrades.

View attachment 244639
If I didn't already have the bbk on hand I probably would have gone this route.

Company has great customer service, overcharged me for shipping (I wouldn't have known, glitch in their system) and they processed a refund and sent half the shipping cost back. A lot of folks would have kept the $

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Update:

I've been running the Porterfield R4S, Wilwood 6R bbk front, stock rears (non-pp) for about a week now, and put a few hundred miles on the setup. Great pad, a bit dusty compared to oem, but worth it.

Can't wait to to try the R4 pads next month or in June at the track.

Appreciate the help everyone!