GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

12v battery voltage

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I feel your pain. The Golf Mk8 is a brilliant car but has too many ‘issues’. It’s true to say that if you want reliability buy Japanese or Korean although there are none I particularly want to own. Bit of a dilemma 🤔.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody got this issue with their MK8.
I'll backtrack a little, last week I hadn't driven the car for four days, on the third day started it up to check the system information (for a forum post) - got a low voltage warning so left it running for a while and all was OK next day. This week after three days of no driving started up and the battery was all but dead - on the second turn it luckily just about started - evening saved. Needless to say all warning lights lit up, all went out but one stayed on - check rear left taillight - did and there was nothing wrong :mad:
Later in the evening started up and all the usual parking sensor warnings popped up and stayed on 'tilll I arrived home. The last time I had a battery problem the low voltage warning popped up and the battery promptly died - stranded me and had to get VW assistance to start the car (after one hour wait) Dealer replaced the battery on that occasion.
This car (Mk8 2ltr diesel) never fails to infuriate. Just when I was happily waiting to get those IS software updates next week this happens - in fact looking back since I got the car, don't believe I have ever had more than two maybe three weeks without some issue or another :mad: :mad: :mad:
Times like this I wish I never bought it - a real love / hate relationship :mad:
I had a lot of low 12v battery warnings last summer even after a 600 mile trip it was still complaining of low voltage so i took it to it's 2nd home the local VW dealership and they checked for a possible faulty battery but it was ok, they tracked the fault down to a faulty control module which was replaced (one of the many so far....). No 12v battery warnings since👍

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I had a lot of low 12v battery warnings last summer even after a 600 mile trip it was still complaining of low voltage so i took it to it's 2nd home the local VW dealership and they checked for a possible faulty battery but it was ok, they tracked the fault down to a faulty control module which was replaced (one of the many so far....). No 12v battery warnings since👍
Do you know which control unit was faulty?
Maybe the OCU?

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately not they just list it as a control module it's had a few of them replaced over the last 13 months as well as the ocu as part of the service campaign for the false emergency call problems.

EVO II

Ik begrijp je pijn. De Golf Mk8 is een schitterende auto maar heeft teveel 'problemen'. Het is waar om te zeggen dat als je betrouwbaarheid wilt, Japans of Koreaans moet kopen, hoewel er geen zijn die ik in het bijzonder wil bezitten. Beetje een dilemma 🤔.
Japanese? I have traded in my 2019 mazda 3 bp because of the many problems that car had. Worst car I ever had. Luckely the dealer fixed everything under warranty. Have my golf 3 months now, driving 5k miles, and no problems at all.