GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lighting packs

golf8life

Hi all, picked up my new golf 8 today. 2nd one I’ve had due to a massively faulty one first time round (early batch I’m told).
Anyway…

I have just seen in the shop on the car that you can buy the “Dynamic Background Lighting” pack… I have done the free trial and can’t see anything different. Does anyone know what this actually is? I obviously have the lighting in the car and already have the 30 colours “mood lighting pack” but what is this new pack?
Thanks!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi there I thought VW removed this from the shop, they were having problems with it. I checked on my shop and it is not there anymore.
Anyway here is an explanation from VW:

There are two expansion services to the Basic Ambient Lighting (which only has 4 colours) in your Volkswagen Golf:
One is the expansion of the basic ambient lighting that enables the interior to be lit according to mood, thanks to the individual choice of colour for a special and individual atmosphere. (the service is also known as "multicolor").
The other is the functional ambient lighting. This extension of the basic ambient lighting include warnings or information for the driver are displayed via colour signals and ambient lighting. Functions can be visualised in colour, e.g:
- Staging locking/unlocking.
- Acceleration visualisation in sports mode.
- Visualisation of child safety lock and window regulator lock.
- Feedback open door while driving.
- Display of hazard warning flashing on ambient lights.

We would also like to inform you that the Ambient Lighting Effect (Additional Functions) has additional features e.g. showing the acceleration via the ambient light.
Dynamic Background Lighting expands basic background lighting to include intuitive display of various functions. Depending on equipment, this includes warnings and information such as the acceleration indicator or door warning.
The expansion of the basic background lighting provides an intuitive display of various functions, allowing you to program them.

golf8life

I
Hi there I thought VW removed this from the shop, they were having problems with it. I checked on my shop and it is not there anymore.
Anyway here is an explanation from VW:

There are two expansion services to the Basic Ambient Lighting (which only has 4 colours) in your Volkswagen Golf:
One is the expansion of the basic ambient lighting that enables the interior to be lit according to mood, thanks to the individual choice of colour for a special and individual atmosphere. (the service is also known as "multicolor").
The other is the functional ambient lighting. This extension of the basic ambient lighting include warnings or information for the driver are displayed via colour signals and ambient lighting. Functions can be visualised in colour, e.g:
- Staging locking/unlocking.
- Acceleration visualisation in sports mode.
- Visualisation of child safety lock and window regulator lock.
- Feedback open door while driving.
- Display of hazard warning flashing on ambient lights.

We would also like to inform you that the Ambient Lighting Effect (Additional Functions) has additional features e.g. showing the acceleration via the ambient light.
Dynamic Background Lighting expands basic background lighting to include intuitive display of various functions. Depending on equipment, this includes warnings and information such as the acceleration indicator or door warning.
The expansion of the basic background lighting provides an intuitive display of various functions, allowing you to program them.
Hey Massimo,
Intresting stuff. Can’t say I’ve found anywhere to program anything… I wonder if they are still experiencing issues with it. I’ll give another go tonight when It’s dark and I’ll provide an update.
Cheers!

tos

Go Kart Newbie
I have done also the 30days trial, but now I cannot see that in the shop...?

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Its an old topic, but today i saw that i have setup menu in the ambient light settings. Unfortunately there is only one greyed out option 'light effects'. I am with the 30 colours ambient light. The functionality for lock and unlock signals with the ambient light are present - red and respective yellow flashing signal appears. However nothing happens when hazard lights are on or one of the doors is open. No add. packages are present in the shop.

Xantex

Its an old topic, but today i saw that i have setup menu in the ambient light settings. Unfortunately there is only one greyed out option 'light effects'. I am with the 30 colours ambient light. The functionality for lock and unlock signals with the ambient light are present - red and respective yellow flashing signal appears. However nothing happens when hazard lights are on or one of the doors is open. No add. packages are present in the shop.
I'm just trialling this at the moment. On mine only switching the hazard lights on seems to cause an effect. Nothing else does anything. Not sure why they would ask £35 just to have your speedo and rev counter turn yellow.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
You can have the trial right now? I did it at almost year ago, then it dissappers...

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm just trialling this at the moment. On mine only switching the hazard lights on seems to cause an effect. Nothing else does anything. Not sure why they would ask £35 just to have your speedo and rev counter turn yellow.
Hi! Can you put a video with this function? Thanks! I read that with sport-mode the red lights increase while you accelerate. Try it and video please! Thanks! And wich model have you got? From what date?

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The upper ambient light strips on the doors also change colour and fade out\in when locking or unlocking the car, there is also supposed to be some sort of warning light when you open the door if it’s dark outside, but I can’t say I ever noticed this function work.

Xantex

Hi! Can you put a video with this function? Thanks! I read that with sport-mode the red lights increase while you accelerate. Try it and video please! Thanks! And wich model have you got? From what date?
Hi. Sorry - I don't have sport mode, so can't try this.