Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

Crossle32

Passed Driver's Ed
IMG_0572 (800x600).jpg

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Do any of you have problems with water spot etching on the hood? Of all the cars I've ever own the clear coat on my 2018 Tornado Red seems to show everything. I can ask in the detailing section but I can't understand it.. I polished and have about 4 coats of Griots 3in1 ceramic on it this time.. The hood , I assume when the engine is warm , seems to get water spots etched into the clear coat. Suggestions for a sealant to prevent this welcome. Love the red but the clear coat seems the most precarious in my lifetime.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Do any of you have problems with water spot etching on the hood? Of all the cars I've ever own the clear coat on my 2018 Tornado Red seems to show everything. I can ask in the detailing section but I can't understand it.. I polished and have about 4 coats of Griots 3in1 ceramic on it this time.. The hood , I assume when the engine is warm , seems to get water spots etched into the clear coat. Suggestions for a sealant to prevent this welcome. Love the red but the clear coat seems the most precarious in my lifetime.
Take it to a detailer shop and have them do a 2 step or 3 step paint correction on it and then they can seal it with a ceramic coating only if they use any other brand but Ceramic Pro.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
After you polish it, are the water spots removed?

If they are removed, apply a couple coats of Collinite 845 insulator wax. It is typical if your car sits outside in the rain and then gets blasted by the sun to have water spots. They show more with non-metallic paint.

If the water spots aren’t removed, then try using Meguiars 205 polish to remove them and then apply the Collinite 845 wax.

Use a ph balanced car shampoo when washing, I like chemical guys snow foam shampoo because they are on the inexpensive end.

CliffordMK7

Car(s)
2015 Tornado Red GTI
Hi! I’m new here. This is my new to me 2015 tornado red GTI I’ve aptly named Clifford.

DSG, IS38, xforce exhaust, CTS fmic, ecs intake.

This car is new to me and I wasn’t aware of the extent of the modifications when we bought it. Mistakes were made *sighs* lol… but I’m commited to taking care of my new car and give’em whatever he needs to be happy!

Further plans atm will be a big brake kit, Cobb access port, a new rear diffuser, a new downpipe and then just button up some odds and ends the previous owner overlooked.

Actually haven’t driven in a decade because of seizures and I get back into it with this little beast! Lol 😜

Attachments

• 726F430F-BD18-474B-AB28-B403C1ABE1DD.jpeg
    726F430F-BD18-474B-AB28-B403C1ABE1DD.jpeg
    910.1 KB · Views: 82

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Last edited: