GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Granted I'm in a TDI... dog bone insert gives you what it gives you, regardless of driving mode, in my experience.

I'm gonna have to load up the GTI/R soundaktor firmware to see what you guys are talking about. Comfort mode on the firmwares I've tried is almost always inaudible (which is what I want). Normal can can go either way, then Sport is Sport.

That being said, some firmware has the same sound table for multiple modes. I've never run one of those as the difference is important to me. Sound actor output, in a given mode, is based on RPM and speed...
https://www.drive2.com/l/605248716571421569/

Anyway... go here from more information and follow the links there if you want to try some different firmware, really neat stuff.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...tor-firmware-updates-are-now-possible.395599/

The vast majority of use threw away the soundeckor a long time ago, but there’s absolutely going to be a difference between off (comfort/normal) and on (sport) with it installed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How long before it's slammed?

My bet is kit has already been ordered, knowing him

Ordered? It was on his dining room table last year.

😂😂😂 I’m not “slamming” this one! (I mean I did google air kits a couple times before going to the dealer,lol) Honestly, i love the GTI so much but with the new stiff air and all the shifter and heavy clutch BS, I want something comfortable to drive daily and put coworkers and clients in the car as needed. Was looking at a new 2023 Arteon and even goofed the idea of new R, but at those price ranges, It’s just wiser to trade in or sell the rabbit… the amount of work and love I have that car I just can’t get rid
of it…yet. So this works best, check all the marks and still and vw nerd special model.

Thinking black or gunmetal blue wheels, maybe some extra sound maybe some coil overs or even just springs and shocks (but fighting that Internally just cause the “calm comfort idea”) but clearly with the Tiguan… I lose that battle easily😂 maybe I should have got a sante fe or Kia

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The vast majority of use threw away the soundeckor a long time ago, but there’s absolutely going to be a difference between off (comfort/normal) and on (sport) with it installed
That's exactly what I'm saying, there's going to be a difference. @GTIfan99 said they feel the same way I do... don't want the car to be loud at all. But in sport mode having some extra sound (even artificial) can be nice which is what the sound aktor allows.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you were trying to say but you mentioned installing a dog bone insert... which doesn't provide the difference in modes that myself and @GTIfan99 are after.

I was also saying that Comfort/Normal does not = Off for the sound aktor. There are different sound maps for each mode. In some cars more than one mode might use the same sound map, and some modes might not have a sound mapped to them at all. In which case they will use the default sound map which generally = Normal (although it doesn't have to).

On the GitHub linked in the thread I posted there's a tool to put in the sound you want for each driving mode. You could put the Jetsons flying car sound into Sport mode for example or have Normal sound like a diesel tractor, if that's what your heart wants.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I don’t particularly love the Soundaktor sound, but it enhances the natural sound decently at like 15-20%. But what I was experimenting with this weekend was turning it up to 60-65% to see if I could hear the engine better with the windows down and lots of road noise. I have trouble hearing the engine at autocross and that can be problematic, so turning up the fake noise actually helped a bit in sport mode during my testing. TBD if it’s useful at all with a helmet on…

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Went from these…
5B09371C-71A2-4376-9157-010E039AD35D.jpeg

…to these.

12C548AE-F2F2-4327-A8FA-15E89E69EF5C.jpeg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
😂😂😂 I’m not “slamming” this one! (I mean I did google air kits a couple times before going to the dealer,lol) Honestly, i love the GTI so much but with the new stiff air and all the shifter and heavy clutch BS, I want something comfortable to drive daily and put coworkers and clients in the car as needed. Was looking at a new 2023 Arteon and even goofed the idea of new R, but at those price ranges, It’s just wiser to trade in or sell the rabbit… the amount of work and love I have that car I just can’t get rid
of it…yet. So this works best, check all the marks and still and vw nerd special model.

Thinking black or gunmetal blue wheels, maybe some extra sound maybe some coil overs or even just springs and shocks (but fighting that Internally just cause the “calm comfort idea”) but clearly with the Tiguan… I lose that battle easily😂 maybe I should have got a sante fe or Kia
Congrats man!

I had 3 of those NMS Passat VR6's before and the DSG combo is amazing (IMO). I never drove a GT, although it was just mainly cosmetic stuff on it (minus the slightly different exhaust system).
The premium gas & slightly thirsty aspect kinda sucks though, lol.

For something to bolt right on though....the Borla exhaust is amazing! (I have a few videos on YouTube of it)
It's not crazy loud, but you get the VR6 experience for sure. The price has gone up quite a bit since I first had it though.

Mileage on it?
Price paid?

Did you get rid of a car, or this was an addition?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What machine did you have before that one? Which one you buy, ES or MKIII?
Before I had an O'Reilly's 50 dollar special. I got the MKIII, posted a pic in the "what did you get in the mail" thread."

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Tried my shiny new Rupes polisher out. Now I understand why they are the gold standard.
I'm still using my Porter Cable 7424XP that I bought like 15 years ago 🤣. Every time it starts making a wild noise and I think "welp, this is it," it just keeps on chugging along. I have done literally zero maintenance on it ever, and I'm pretty sure one day it's just going to fly apart while I'm using it. But it works.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I'm still using my Porter Cable 7424XP that I bought like 15 years ago 🤣. Every time it starts making a wild noise and I think "welp, this is it," it just keeps on chugging along. I have done literally zero maintenance on it ever, and I'm pretty sure one day it's just going to fly apart while I'm using it. But it works.
Yea I know Porter Cable makes good tools, my Dad had a bunch of them that he bought over the years. I wanted them when he passed but they were sold.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Nothing wrong with the PC 7424, the only thing is that you could be done in 1/4 the time with the Rupes or any long throw DA. For our cars the 15mm is the right size, the 21mm is great, but I only use it for trucks and SUVs.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Nothing wrong with the PC 7424, the only thing is that you could be done in 1/4" the time with the Rupes or any long throw DA. For our cars the 15mm is the right size, the 21mm is great, but I only use it for trucks and SUVs.
LOL yeah it is slow. Can speed it up a bit with the right combo. Gets the job done. But if I was doing more than just my own car, I would have for sure upgraded by now.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP