GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touchscreen question

mk8_rr

Dear friends! Good day!
I have a question about touchscreen (10 inch) in my Golf 8. I bought a car in January, everything was OK! Yesterday in the morning, I switched off Start&Stop from the up bar, without any problem. In the evening I went to car wash, and when the car was ready, I sat down in car, and can't switch off Start Stop. Than I started to test what's going on. I found that line (2 cm from middle of screen) from up to down is not responsive. So when I press Android auto or Phone , or Start&Stop switch ( everything that goes through this line) nothing happens. I can press a little right or left from this line - it will works! I know that I can move important icons to other place, so it will work. But when I connect Android Auto - Waze, it's not possible to type "2, W, S , X). I tried to reboot MIB, nothing changed. Is it any ways to solve it ( except Dealer, it's the last chance)).
How to open developer menu? I know that Skoda, Audi, previous Volkswagen has the green menu, where you can find touchscreen test. How to switch on touchscreen test on Gold 8?
Thanks in advance!

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like your touchscreen might be bad.
If I remember correctly if you long press the home button with mib off a menu will show, but I don't remember what's there.

mk8_rr

Looks like your touchscreen might be bad.
If I remember correctly if you long press the home button with mib off a menu will show, but I don't remember what's there.
Just tried it after the night - everything works well. I hope it was just a MIB glitch!) Thanks!)