GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Mobile Phone Connection Issue

I tried this today when my phone failed to connect. I opened the door and hey presto it connected! Pity there is no way to inform VW about this.
  2. A

Losing data connection

The VW Customer Service agent called me today. He says the software release 1668 is not applicable to my car and I am on the latest release for my car. Mind you I told him in error that I was on 1666 when I am on 1664 which wasn't queried so I'm not sure how much checking was done. On the issue...
  3. A

The customer service agent called me today to update me on the issue. It was a bit disappointing. I was led to believe that the issue was with VW technical and they would come back to me when there was a resolution. Actually it seems that no-one is working on this. Basically they are saying...
  4. A

Well I'm glad that it's not only me that has the problem. Hopefully that means that VW will eventually fix it. I'll need to check out whether opening the door etc has the same effect for me. What really annoys me is that I reported the problem 4 months ago and yet the only feedback from the...
  5. A

Up until now I have assumed that this was a common issue which would eventually be fixed with a software update. But on searching forums I now wonder whether I am the only one with this problem. I can pair my phone successfully with the Infotainment system, but probably more than 50% of the...
  6. A

Losing data connection

Rather disappointing. Took my car into the dealership. They just told me that they had tested the data connection and it was working - which I knew. My concern of course is that I will lose the connection again unless a fix is applied. At least I had my car washed I guess. I asked to talk to...
  7. A

Losing data connection

Mine also started working again today and it's at least 8 days since it stopped so maybe you're right about it automatically resetting. Still not satisfactory though. My car's booked in next week so I'll still take it in and see whether they'll apply the latest update.
  8. A

Losing data connection

No I'm afraid still no connection so will need to wait for VW to sort it.
  9. A

Losing data connection

Yes - the globe is greyed out. My privacy settings are correct. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a try and feedback whether that works. I don't have the new software update yet. My car is booked in to the workshop next week and I have asked them to check whether the latest big update...
  10. A

Losing data connection

About a month ago my Golf 8 Style lost its data connection. So for example no information was posted to We Connect, the WiFi hotpot had no Internet, no access to the Shop etc. I took it into my dealer and they "reset the server" which fixed the problem. Now a month later the issue us back...
  11. A

Both 12v and 48v batteries failed after 75 miles - waited 4 weeks for batteries

An update on my 48V battery problem. I can't fault VW customer service. I rang the dealer first thing Monday morning. They told me to ring VW roadside assist. A technician arrived in under an hour and confirmed that he couldn't resolve the problem and that the car would have to be collected and...
  12. A

Alexa

The main reason I use it is to be be able to play my Spotify or Amazon Music easily in my car. The other alternative would be to use Android Auto and go via my phone to play my music, but at the moment Android Auto does not work wirelessly so the phone needs to be plugged into a USB port. Also...
  13. A

Alexa

It does have a built in SIM but if you don't take out a Cubic Telecom subscription that won't give you Internet access. It does support communication with VW for software updates and notifying VW of problems with your car etc. and you don't have to pay for that. Unfortunately for Internet access...
  14. A

Alexa

Do you have an active subscription with Cubic Telecom which gives you an Internet connection? Alexa needs an Internet connection to work. Alternatively you could use your phone as a Wifi hotpot and connect to that.
  15. A

Thanks that's very helpful. It seems that because I bought it with VW Finance I can get them to refund me or replace the car. I'll see what the dealership says tomorrow. If they can"t repair it in a short timescale I'll go for a refund.
  16. A

Well, in addition to the keyless entry problems and mobile phone connection problems I've been having., my car is now marooned on my drive with the 48V and 12V errors. The car will no longer start and I get about 10 other warnings and errors when I turn the ignition on.. The car was booked in...
  17. A

Trouble with travel assist

Do you know when this update is likely to be available? I have Keyless Access problems and at the moment VW don't have a solution (as mentioned on another thread. It was first referred to VW technical who advised a server replacement. which carried out but didn't fix the problem. Now VW...
  18. A

Infotainment niggles with discovery media pro

Well I have the minor issues mentioned in my original post which I haven't yet raised with VW. I've sort of assumed that software updates would fix them but maybe I should have reported them. I'll have to see what happens next week. At the moment I have a courtesy car which I think must be a...
  19. A

Well, bad news. Replacing the controller didn’t fix the keyless access problem. They are arranging a courtesy car and want to keep my car for further problem determination. I now have visions of weeks without my car. But if it’s not the controller - and I assume they will have initially checked...
  20. A

One of the other issues I've been encountering is that keyless access intermittently doesn't work. I took the car into my local dealership. They kept the car for a couple of days to carry out problem determination tests, and now VW in Germany has instructed them to replace the Control Unit. So...